This is the online installer that is returning the scripting error. We are investigating this. The thread you refer to contains links to the offline installers which do not return the script error. I would also like to get verbose log files for the online installer from you to forward to the team that handles the online installer to aid in their investigation. If you have a few minutes please do the following:
- Download the online installer from https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer
- Create an empty text file named ADM.trace inside your %temp% directory. The file extension itself is .trace, not .txt or anything else.
- Vista and above: C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\
- XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<YourUserID>\Local Settings\Temp\
- To create the empty text file, navigate to the %temp% directory, right-click in an empty area and select New > Text Document
- Rename the new file to ADM.trace
- Note: make sure file extensions are visible so that the extension is .trace and not .txt. See Show or hide file name extensions - Windows Help
- Run the online installer again until the error is returned.
- Two files, Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log will be generated. The files are located at the following location:
- Vista and above: C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs
- XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<YourUserID>\Local Settings\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs
- Upload the files using the How to share a document instructions
- Post the following information in your reply:
- URL to the uploaded log files
- Operating system, including version
The offline installer is posted at the bottom of Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows page, in the 'Still having problems' section. Download the file for Opera browser.
I'm not seeing an error in the log file and have forwarded this to the team that handles installer. Can you please do the following:
- Right-click on the file, select Properties > Details
- Take a screenshot of the Details tab
- Post the screenshot (see The specified item was not found.) in your reply
In the interim, please use the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows page in the 'Still having problems' section.
The online installer team has investigated this further and identified the DPI setting as the culprit. If the DPI setting is not set to 100%, 125%, 150%, or 200% the script error will return. If you're DPI setting is set to something else, please set it to one of these and the online installer should work. The team is working on a fix for this.
To check/modify the DPI setting:
- Launch Control Panel and navigate to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display
- In the left menu, select Set custom text size (DPI)
- In the Custom DPI Setting windows select 100%, 125%, 150%, or 200% from the drop down menu
- Select OK
- Select Apply
- Log off/on
- Online installer should now work without displaying the script error.