4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2015 9:51 AM by Rb

Stop with the _notes folders!

Rb Level 1

Since updating to DW CC 2015.0 release 7714 build. Whenever I put a file a file (SFTP) a _notes folder is created and a dwsync.xml file created.

I the Site Setup > Advanced Settings > Design Notes "Maintain Design Notes" is *unchecked*.

Using Clean up Design Notes will remove the _notes folders. But uploading a file (put) will create them again.

Is there some other way to turn this off ? Please !

-Rb

• 1. Re: Stop with the _notes folders!
          BenPleysier Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Stop with the _notes folders!
            Rb Level 1

Thank you Ben you are correct.

I had no idea that the "Maintain synchronization information" located under Site > Servers >Edit > Advanced Tab also created the _notes folder.

My question to Adobe is why this option is *checked* after I updated to DW CC 2015 ?  I have not had this _notes  problem with any of the other DW CC updates - Win8.1 64bit.

FYI: It appears that the "Maintain synchronization information" is checked by default when you setup a new server.

Thanks again,

-Rb.

• 3. Re: Stop with the _notes folders!
              Rb Level 1

DW Support

Something is definitely wrong with this installation of DWCC2015 . I have "Maintain Design notes" and Maintain synchronization information both unchecked. When I put a file I get the dialog that synchronization information can't be found and I say yes to the question do you wish to put the file anyways. This appears to create the _notes folder.

FYI: It appears that after I put a file, when I look at "Maintain synchronization information" it *is* checked !

How do I stop this behavior ?

-Rb

• 4. Re: Stop with the _notes folders!
                Rb Level 1

DW Support,

I have deleted the SFTP server information in DW. Finally I am not seeing the _notes folders.

Please let me know if you ever fix this.

I will use another file transfer software to publish files.

-Rb