5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2016 8:42 PM by Jao vdL

why is there color streaking of imported files?

Bill in Wisconsin Level 1

I am having 2 problems with LR imports. The most recent and most disturbing is the occurrence of color streaking (vertical and horizontal) occurring after the files are in LR. I am importing files from a Nikon D810 using Sandisk Extreme Pro 64 GB UDMA 7 CF card and Sandisk Extreme Pro 64 GB SD card. I am using a Lexar  USB 3.0 multi-card reader. I am importing to an iMac running Yosemite and using LR CC 2015.1

The color streaking occurs after the import using the card reader and the Sandisk 64 GB card, and appears to sequentially, but randomly on the images over several minutes (see attached sequence of screen shots). Initially, I thought it was occurring as the DNG conversion was occurring, but it occurs even when I shut off DNG conversion and the files remain in the NEFF format. Streaked images exported as jpg also are streaked. Streaking does not occur with this card if I connect the camera directly to the computer via USB. This streaking problem began almost immediately after the last LR CC update.

The streaking does not occur when I use a Sandisk Extreme 16 GB CF card or the SD card and download with the card reader. So, it seems to be an issue when I use the Sandisk 64 GB card and the card reader to download. This CF card is new and has had limited use. It is regularly formatted in the camera.

The 2nd issue is the creation of duplicate images in LR. This started about 3 or 4 months ago, and only seems to occur when I download using the camera to iMac USB cord. It does not occur when images are downloaded via the card reader, but occurs with any of the storage media.  You can see in an example in the attachment labeled USB import.

Import CF card (64GB) reader no dng conversion 1.jpgImport CF card (64GB) reader no dng conversion 6.jpg