• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Course not registering as Complete

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running into a problem that I hope this community can help me out with.

I am creating online courses in Captivate 8 and uploading them to my organization's LMS, which is Success Factors.

So far I have created 4 online courses, all using the same settings. Only 2 seem to be causing problems.

Recently, I have encountered 3 separate users who complete the course, yet Success Factors is marking it as incomplete. All courses require a 70%-80% grade in order to receive proper completion. One user even shows getting a score of 95% but still shows as Incomplete when I check their history.

I asked Success Factors and they are certain that something is wrong with my file, but I disagree. Several employees in my organization have taken this course and their grades have been registered successfully. If there was something wrong with the course, why would it work for some and not for others?

Here are my Quiz Settings for one course in question:

Screen Shot 2015-07-15 at 4.29.13 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-07-15 at 4.29.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-07-15 at 4.29.32 PM.png

What are your thoughts? If it IS the Captivate file, I don't know what exactly needs to be changed.

Your advice is greatly appreciated!!!

Cristina

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect the problem is that you also require 100% slide views!  Maybe those users didn't view all slides completely? Can you lower that percentage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question!

One question with the 100% slide views... I have a TOC that is set so users can only visit slides they have previewed (so they can't move ahead). The progress bar is eliminated and the navigation buttons don't appear until the narration is finished. I read that Captivate considers a slide as "viewed" when the user begins that slide (not that they are viewing it for a certain time). With all of these things in place, is is possible that a user could still miss slides?

I can always lower the percentage, but uploading courses onto Success Factors is so painful, so I would like to avoid it (but of course will do it if I have to).

Thanks again!

Cristina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the TOC a slide will be marked as viewed when the user begins the slide, but I'm not sure that is also the case for the SCORM requirement set to 100% slide views, may also depend on the LMS. I never put that % at 100% on any LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm... given that I have a pass grade required of 70%, would there be any harm done if I remove this altogether?

What do you usually do? Include a lower percentage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it really required that they view all slides, taking into account the way you structured navigation? The quiz result seems to be more important, I would indeed take out the Slide Views requirement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am going to try that and see if it makes a difference!

Thanks Lilybiri!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources