2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2015 5:08 AM by NaviSniktaw

Why did my Lightroom 6 Installation change to mobility trial after 7 months of use?

NaviSniktaw Level 1

I purchased lightroom 6 for Windows.   Have no desire for the mobile version.    Today when I went to edit another batch of images I noticed that my catalog with all my previous edits was missing.  Now Lightroom 6 is telling me that I have 30 days left in my mobility trial.   I do not want Lightroom Mobility and I didn't download the trial version.  Been on LR6 since the beginning of the year.   What happened?  How do I change it back to just regular lightroom?

• 1. Re: Why did my Lightroom 6 Installation change to mobility trial after 7 months of use?
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

First of all, you couldn't have had Lightroom 6 since the beginning of the year. It wasn't released until April. Lightroom 6 includes a 30 day trial of Lightroom Mobile. At the end of this 30 days Lightroom Mobile will be unusable. If you don't want to see that notification click on the little pulldown in the identity plate area and pause Lightroom mobile. When did you actually install Lightroom 6? I don't understand why you would start getting the 30 day trial notification now if you have had it installed for a period of time. Something doesn't make sense. Please explain.

2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Why did my Lightroom 6 Installation change to mobility trial after 7 months of use?
            NaviSniktaw Level 1

With regard to my installation date I made a gross miscalculation.   The software was installed at the beginning of May 2015.   I rely on it heavily so it felt like I had it all year.   Thanks for the instructions related to the little pulldown menu in the identity plate area.  That drop download allowed me to unselect the Lightroom Mobile options.

1 person found this helpful