14 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2015 12:39 PM by Peter Spier

InDesign PlugIns

greendreamer86

I am a Marketer and Graphic Designer who uses my company's Adobe CS4 program for my InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator needs. Recently, my company updated my computer. While waiting for all of my programs from my old computer to get moved to my new computer, I downloaded a 30 day free trial of the Adobe Creative Suite. Within those 30 days, I did use the programs to create and produce a lot of new material. However, I did NOT update or change any of older materials within the newer version of Adobe. Just a few days ago, I uninstalled the files for the 30 day trial and began using my CS4 program again - which at this point had been installed on my new computer. Now, when I use InDesign I get messages about how files (Old files that were created in CS4) can't be opened because I need to update InDesign's plug-in SHAREDCONENT.RPLN. A second box pops up and it shows all of the plugins associated with the SharedContent. I am confused as to how a file created in CS4 can no longer be opened in CS4 just because a newer trail version was downloaded. Can someone assist with this?

Thank you!

• 1. Re: InDesign PlugIns
          BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

You need to reopen all of those files in the new version and save them as IDML.

• 2. Re: InDesign PlugIns
            greendreamer86 Level 1

The files I am trying to open were never open in the newer version of InDesign. So how were they affected?

And that is thousands of files. There is no way to fix this without having to re-save every file?

• 3. Re: InDesign PlugIns

Perhaps not to your knowledge but I’m willing to bet they were. Just to be sure though, if you post one of them somewhere I’ll be happy to take a look at it and let you know.

• 4. Re: InDesign PlugIns
                greendreamer86 Level 1

And where can I post one?

Thank you!

• 5. Re: InDesign PlugIns

Dropbox would work.

• 6. Re: InDesign PlugIns
                    greendreamer86 Level 1

Please send me your information. Thank you.

• 7. Re: InDesign PlugIns

You can send me a link via a private message.

• 8. Re: InDesign PlugIns

Got the file. It is an InDesign CS6 file. It was opened in CS6 and saved to that format in September.

• 9. Re: InDesign PlugIns
                          greendreamer86 Level 1

Yea, see that isn't correct. I downloaded the Free Version of CS6 on June 20 and disconnected it on July 6th. There is no way that file was formatted to a CS6 file. It was made in CS4, never opened since probably September, and now wont read in CS4.

Does this make the concern a little more clear? How does a file made in CS4 just convert to a CS6 when a trail version is downloaded?

• 10. Re: InDesign PlugIns

I checked the file history. The file was opened with and saved as CS6.

Here is a screenshot:

cs6.png

That is a fact and the evidence is indisputable.

• 11. Re: InDesign PlugIns
                              greendreamer86 Level 1

There is just no way of this. I have always had the CS4 programs (up till about a month ago). There is no way it would have been saved as a CS6 file. Otherwise, wouldn't I have had this issue sooner? I'll contact Adobe. Thank you for your help.

• 12. Re: InDesign PlugIns

You’re wasting your time. Whether it was you or someone else this file was opened and saved as CS6.

The best advice I can give you is download the trial of CC2015, open and files that won’t open in CS4 and then save them as IDML.

That file history is indisputable and contacting Adobe about this will result in the exact same findings except they’ll charge you to confirm it.

• 13. Re: InDesign PlugIns

BTW, this was not a one time thing. That file was opened and saved many times in CS6 from September through March.

Here’s the log:

Recovered File - no

Recovered MiniSave - no

Converted - yes

Open As Copy - yes

Open Missing Plug-ins - no

Save As - yes

Created - yes

Transfered - no

Converted from QuarkXPress - no

Converted from PageMaker - no

Book - sync - no

Book - repaginate - no

Opened from InDesign Interchange - no

Most recent Save - yes

Book - update cross reference - no

Open a Clone - no

Used Content Dropper - no

Used Layout Adjustment - no

Exported EPUB2 - no

Exported EPUB3 - no

Exported SWF - no

Macintosh - no

Created on Windows 6.1 in app version 6.0.6.622 (FS InDesign Roman) build 352 on Tuesday, October 1, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Save As on Windows 6.1 in app version 6.0.6.622 (FS InDesign Roman) build 352 on Tuesday, October 1, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Open As Copy on Windows 6.1 in app version 8.0.2.413 (FS InDesign Roman) build 413 on Tuesday, September 30, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Converted on Windows 6.1 in app version 8.0.2.413 (FS InDesign Roman) build 413 on Tuesday, September 30, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Save As on Windows 6.1 in app version 8.0.2.413 (FS InDesign Roman) build 413 on Tuesday, September 30, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Save As on Windows 6.1 in app version 8.0.2.413 (FS InDesign Roman) build 413 on Tuesday, September 30, 2014 at 3:28 PM

Save As on Windows 6.1 in app version 8.0.2.413 (FS InDesign Roman) build 413 on Wednesday, October 1, 2014 at 3:47 PM

Save As on Windows 6.1 in app version 8.0.2.413 (FS InDesign Roman) build 413 on Friday, October 17, 2014 at 1:30 PM

Save As on Windows 6.1 in app version 8.0.2.413 (FS InDesign Roman) build 413 on Friday, October 17, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Save As on Windows 6.1 in app version 8.0.2.413 (FS InDesign Roman) build 413 on Monday, January 19, 2015 at 12:40 PM

Save As on Windows 6.1 in app version 8.0.2.413 (FS InDesign Roman) build 413 on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 at 10:44 AM

Save As on Windows 6.1 in app version 8.0.2.413 (FS InDesign Roman) build 413 on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 at 10:45 AM

Save As on Windows 6.1 in app version 8.0.2.413 (FS InDesign Roman) build 413 on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 at 11:06 AM

Save As on Windows 6.1 in app version 8.0.2.413 (FS InDesign Roman) build 413 on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 at 12:13 PM

Save As on Windows 6.1 in app version 8.0.2.413 (FS InDesign Roman) build 413 on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 at 12:22 PM

Most recent Save on Windows 6.1 in app version 8.0.2.413 (FS InDesign Roman) build 413 on Thursday, March 26, 2015 at 2:47 PM

Open As Copy on Windows x64 6.2 in app version 11.0.1.105 (FS InDesign Roman) build 105 on Thursday, July 16, 2015 at 12:09 PM

Converted on Windows x64 6.2 in app version 11.0.1.105 (FS InDesign Roman) build 105 on Thursday, July 16, 2015 at 12:09 PM

Save As on Windows x64 6.2 in app version 11.0.1.105 (FS InDesign Roman) build 105 on Thursday, July 16, 2015 at 12:56 PM

• 14. Re: InDesign PlugIns
                                    Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Is it possible you actually have CS6 also installed? You might want to check...