3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2015 10:42 PM by A.T. Romano

Blue Ray burning speed.

teddybare

I have just updated from PE9 to PE13 and wondered if the problem PE9 had with burning Blue ray disk had been solved.

This problem was if you had a fast burner PE wouldn't slow down to match the speed of the blank disk if it was rated less than the speed of the burner.

The effect was that the finish product would always play on the drive in the computer but intermittently on various brands of Blue ray players (something to do with the depth of the burn and the sensitivity of the player)

Using a third party burning program that allowed manually slowing the burn down to half the disk speed always fixed this problem even though it was inconvenient.

My question is does this still happen with PE13 ?

• 1. Re: Blue Ray burning speed.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

teddybare

The Premiere Elements 13/13.1 burn dialog still does not offer a user control there for burn speed during the burn.

But you say

The effect was that the finish product would always play on the drive in the computer but intermittently on various brands of Blue ray players (something to do with the depth of the burn and the sensitivity of the player)

and

you ask

My question is does this still happen with PE13 ?

I have not run into this issue in 13 or earlier.

How are you determining what the actual write time was when you were doing the Premiere Elements burn to Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc?

What was the speed rating of your burner for the type of Blu-ray disc that you used, and what type of Blu-ray disc did you use, and what was the speed rating for that disc?

Please try the Premiere Elements 13/13.1 burn to Blu-ray and let us know if the problem that you previously encountered using version 9.0/9.0.1 is still an issue for you.

If you have not updated 13/13.1 yet, please do so using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Blue Ray burning speed.
            teddybare Level 1

Thanks

I have an 8 speed LG burner and was trying to burn 4 speed Verbatim blue ray disks (they were much cheaper at that time).

The problem is that most players will play them but I happened to have an expensive Pioneer player at the time which simply did not see it at all wheras a cheap Panasonic played it perfectly.

Exporting to a file and burning with free Cyberlink software set to 4 speed did it perfectly. I suspect it has something to do with the depth of the "groove".

I haven't used this forum for a few years but I notice that this issue has also been raised by others since in this forum but no resolution was found at that time.

I didn't have any problem burning DVDs with PE or burning a 20 minute AVCHD to DVD and playing them on the same player.

Sadly I later wrecked the Pioneer player by running into it in the dark with the drawer open so I cant test this any more!

• 3. Re: Blue Ray burning speed.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

teddybare

I also have a LG Blu-ray burner. It is marketed as 12X. But, when I read the specifications, I see that the burner

12X applies to when BD-R disc is used and 2X applies to when BD-RE discs are used. As it is, my Verbatim Blu-ray discs are rated BD-R = 4X and BD-RE = 2x. I have not had an issues with regard to my Premiere Elements burn to Blu-ray using these discs (25 GB or 50 GB). But, I have not done an extensive study of written disc compatibility with standalone Blu-ray players.

But, just to confirm, you had no way of knowing what write speed was actually used in the Premiere Elements burn to Blu-ray that you were using.

You inferred what might be the case from your CybeLink results and what you read as to cause and effect. Right?

You wrote

The problem is that most players will play them but I happened to have an expensive Pioneer player at the time which simply did not see it at all wheras a cheap Panasonic played it perfectly.

Please let us know if you run into Blu-ray burn to disc issues in 13/13.1.

Thanks.

ATR