2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2015 10:48 AM by Steve L

Bring BACK keystroke access for code collapse!!!

Steve L Level 1

I can't understand Adobe's habit of taking away features in order to "improve" workflow. I especially do not understand removing keystroke access to a feature on which you invested new development. I am speaking of the keystroke to collapse a block of code. In my case XML nodes. So there used to be a keystroke I could assign a collapse command to and now it is gone. There used to be a button on the tool bar that would collapse the node/block on which I was currently working. It is now gone as well. Instead there is a little spinning triangle that performs the same action, only now, I have to stop typing, hover over the unmarked left side area, (so unless I know it is there it is not apparent at first glance), I have to WAIT as it fades in and then click, all to perform the same action that I used to do with one keystroke combo in less than a second.

While I am on a roll - I will also call into question the decision to remove all but the keystroke access to in the code collapse section other than "Expand All"  so again ... A folder in the keystroke access section named "Code COLLAPSE" and it only has one item in it and it is named "EXPAND All"!?!?!?

Suggestions:
      Bring back the above mentioned access
      Implement code collapse keystokes for:

All nodes on same level

All others on same level

Collapse parent

All functions

All other functions