5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2015 7:01 PM by George_Johnson

signature box

General Forrest Level 1

Recently, Adobe Acrobat X began restricting the size of the signature box I use to digitally sign my documents. Prior to this change, I could click and hold the cursor (which was cross shaped), drag to make a signature box of any dimension, let go of the mouse button and the signature would appear in the same size as the box. Now, when I left click the mouse button and begin to drag the cursor, the box jumps in predetermined increments, often times covering up text in the document. How to I regain control of being able to draw a box of any size, rather than one that jumps from one height/width to another?

• 1. Re: signature box
          IsakTen Level 4

Which exact version (including minor)? Which platform (Win/Mac), OS and its version (including SP)? Have you upgraded your OS recently or changed any OS settings?

• 2. Re: signature box
            General Forrest Level 1

I am using Adobe Acrobat X version 10.1.15. I am using Windows 7 Home Premium and have SP1 installed. I do not remember when SP1 was installed, but not within the past couple of months. I have not changed any operating system settings to my knowledge. I normally download files recommended by MS, usually a week or two after patch Tuesday so that I can read about potential conflicts in the files to be downloaded.

Also, the same behavior occurs when, for instance, I'm in MS Word and trying to cut and past a portion of a pdf or jpg file. Defining the area to be cut comes not in a smooth drag and drop, but incremental jumps as I drag the cursor. !

• 3. Re: signature box
              IsakTen Level 4

The fact that two different applications made by different companies exhibit the same behavior tells me that there is something in your system or display settings that causes this to happen. This setting could be changed either manually (and you forgot about it) by some other application, which changed it globally instead of for this app only. I do not know what that could be.

• 4. Re: signature box
                General Forrest Level 1

I agree with you. It dawned on me as I added the comment about cutting and pasting. Sorry to have troubled you and I greatly appreciate your time in responding.

Mike Butler, REM #7923

President

AccuLab Environmental Services, Inc.

44 Country Club Cove

Jackson, TN  38305

731-660-4520

731-660-4521 (fax)

731-234-4638 (cell)

THIS COMMUNICATION IS INTENDED FOR THE EXCLUSIVE USE OF THE ADDRESSEE(S). IT MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR PROTECTED FROM DISCLOSURE, AND SUCH INFORMATION MAY BE SUBJECT TO THE ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS PRIVACY ACT OF 1986, AS AMENDED.  IF YOU ARE NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT OR HAVE RECEIVED THIS COMMUNICATION IN ERROR, PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY BY TELEPHONE (731-660-4520) AND/OR REPLY E-MAIL AND DESTROY THIS MESSAGE AND ATTACHMENTS. THANK YOU.

• 5. Re: signature box
                  George_Johnson MVP & Adobe Community Professional

This happens when you have the Snap to Grid feature enabled in Acrobat.