• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How add .cp file to RoboHelp project

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2006 Dec 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you add the Captivate source files into a RoboHelp project. The folders are predefined and only allow certain types of file into them. Captivate .cp does not seem to be one of them. The Robohelp project is tied to our source control program and we would like the checkin - out feature that works with the other files.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2006 Dec 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karl and welcome to our community

I'd suppose this depends on how you are attempting to add the files. If you are clicking either:

1. Insert > Multimedia...
or
2. Insert > RoboDemo Movie...

These options are intended to bring in .SWF content.

But if you need the Captivate project file in the project, try expanding the Baggage Files pseudo folder and browsing to the location of the .CP file. You should be able to then add the .CP file as you wish.

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2006 Dec 22, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried your suggestion, but having the new baggage folder results in the .cp file not being in the same directory as the .swf file. From the project you can right click on the Multimedia/xxx.swf file and it will launch Captivate with the xxx.cp file. If it's not in the same folder that no longer works. Having the file in 2 places is asking for trouble with the source code management tool.

More suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Karl

Sorry about that.

I guess I just thought it didn't need to be explained that you would need to actually right click the folder you wanted the baggage file added to first. If you don't do this, you end up with the file located in the root of the project.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did right click the folder and I did create it and I did add the .cp file to it. That's not the issue. The Multimedia folder has the .swf file in it. When you right click this file there is an option to 'Edit' the file. Clicking this will launch Captivate and the .cp file is loaded into it. This works because I put the .cp file in the same folder as the .swf file via windows file explorer. So I can now check in and out the .cp file from the Baggage folder but it's not the same copy I launch to edit via the project multimedia folder / .swf file.

Is there a way to this to all work with 1 copy of the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Karl

Hmmm, well now I'm confused. You are describing two different things. The Captivate .CP file is the source file used to create the .SWF output file. Your end user watches the output file. You, the Captivate author make edits to the .CP file and later produce the .SWF output from that file. Your situation is a bit unusual, in that you are actually wanting the .CP file included here. The Insert > Multimedia is intended to simply allow you to bring those output files into RoboHelp for others to view.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I guess the issue is the Source Control. From the Project / Multimedia / xxx.swf file you can check it out and in. But this only does the swf file and not the .cp file. It's smart enough to know it needs the .cp file for the edit option. Is there a way to have it check out both? That way I would not need to create a separate folder to check in and out the .cp file, (as it does ends up in the non prefered folder)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp