• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shortcuts do not show in Internet Explorer 7

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2006 Dec 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a number of shortcuts in HTML projects consisting of .gif buttons which are linked with an executable file. This has worked fine with previous versions of Internet Explorer, but these shortcuts do not show in a machine with Internet Explorer 7. It is as if IE 7 blocked them. No settings have been changed in the browser.

Does anyone have a workaround for this? Has Robohelp launched an update that fixes IE7 problems?

I'm using Robohelp 2002.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 02, 2007 Jan 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tony,

Are you specifically talking about HTML Help Shortcut Controls. If so, what executable are you trying to run. I did a lot of testing with IE7.0 including shortcut controls for links to word, pdf and .xls files and did encounter any specific problems with the control.

Can you give us a few more details about exactly what programme you are trying to link to and the details entered in the shortcut control dialog?

How are the shortcut controls showing up. Whey you say blocked, are the images that your are using for the link not showing up? Hase you tried using a .bmp file for the link?

If you are using a another method to run the exe from HTML Help, can you provide details of the code so I can test it on IE7.0?

Kind Regards
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2007 Jan 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your reply. We have tested shortcuts controls in another machine running IE7 and shortcuts work fine, so this seems to be related to a specific problem with the machine where it was tested initially. It may have to do with the patches installed. We are investigating this issue.

Regards,
Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tony,

Thanks for getting back. Always good to know how people get on :-)
What operating system does the offending machine use?

thanks
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

It uses a Windows XP SP2, just the same OS as the other machine where it works properly, so I guess the problem might be related to the security patches installed or maybe some other application interfering...

I'll let you know if I come up with a conclusion.

Regards,
Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Tony,

Good luck. The only things that I can suggest is ensuring that the .chm is loaded on the same drive. Another problem is when the .chm is run from a mapped drive rather than c:\

Also check the security setting under the Internet Options -Advanced tab match. Specifically the Security section.

Kind Regards
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp