1 2 Previous Next 40 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2015 9:03 PM by attic10

Sound track: back goes over the front and both play together. Last half of the audio is silent.

attic10 Level 1

I found a bit of a hiccup in my video of my European tour, which I proceeded to remove. When I played the new version, I found that the Jesuits' organ music had been totally fouled up. The original plays as it should from the clip, but if I "add media" to Adobe, it seems that the last half of the sound track is put over the first. The last half is silent: the first half is garbled as if there are two tracks. There aren't- I've checked.

Any ideas? The video is fine: the problem is confined to the audio. The same glitch has not happened elsewhere in a 4-hour video. That's about 900 clips. Only this one is fouled up.

I thought it might be connected to its use in the movie menu, but I've replaced it there and it still gets fouled up when imported to Adobe. The clip was fine in earlier versions of the video.

• 1. Re: Sound track: back goes over the front and both play together. Last half of the audio is silent.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

attic10

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

Is only the audio added to the Soundtrack affected in this issue? Please clarification the connection that you could possibly make between your issue and audio in a movie menu and adding media to a project. Please explain.

Are you working in the Timeline workspace (if Premiere Elements 10 and earlier) or the Expert workspace (if Premiere Elements 11, 12/12.1, or 13/13.1) with the track in the opened configuration?

It is common to disturb the existing Timeline content by the addition of new media to it, even to the extent of cutting audio and moving clips around. So, the following is important. But what you are describing does not fit nicely in any of those scenarios.

What is affected - a portion of one clip that you have in the Soundtrack? Does the clip appear intact, yet there is a drastic rearrangement of the music content of the clip? If you click on the clip to select it, does the whole clip highlight or just a portion of it? What happens if you import the clip again, but, before you place it in the existing Timeline, edit it to the right of the existing Timeline and then hold down the Alt key of the Windows computer keyboard as you move the edited audio in place in the existing Timeline.

Please review, consider, and supply more information.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Sound track: back goes over the front and both play together. Last half of the audio is silent.
            attic10 Level 1

Elements 12. I'm not allowed to buy the upgrade to 13. My account is in a different country, so I'm told when I try to buy it, and the system refuses to sell to me.

The operating system is Windows 8, updated a couple of days ago with Microsoft's routine updates. I haven't gone to W8.1. I've changed my OS twice, and I'm not doing it again until I get a new computer. I have to reinstall all my 3rd-party software, and there's a fair bit of it, including your editing program.

The audio is affected during import. I have tried testing it before I add it to the timeline, and it is corrupted.

I thought the audio could be doubling because it is used in two places. I've since tested that theory, and it's wrong. The audio is now used in only one place, and is still corrupted when I test it from the "project assets" area. I use the "add media" function to import it.

I am working in the "expert" view. I'm not sure what you mean by the "opened" configuration. The sound track is visible as a wavy line, and is adjustable for fading, volume etc., which is how I work on sound tracks.

What I am describing causes me total astonishment, particularly as it applies to only one clip out of the 1300 or so in the video. I've made several videos, though not as big as this one, and have never come across anything like it.

The clip appears normal in the timeline, although the audio becomes a straight line about 2:30 into the 5 minute length of the clip.

I have now tried putting the clip on the right of the existing timeline, but as the audio is still corrupted,I haven't bothered editing it. The clip appears intact, except for the flat line in the second half of the audio, and both video and audio sections light up together when I click on it.

The clip plays perfectly from the storage file in my computer, using VLC or Windows Media Player. Something is going wrong during the importing process. I've imported it several times now, with the same result each time. In the previous versions of this video, there was no problem. This is something new.

Sorry to give you a curly question on a Saturday night, or is it Sunday morning now?

Regards,David.

• 3. Re: Sound track: back goes over the front and both play together. Last half of the audio is silent.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

David

Thanks for the clarification.

The clip appears normal in the timeline, although the audio becomes a straight line about 2:30 into the 5 minute length of the clip.

What are we looking at here....

Standalone audio file (straight from the camera) imported into Premiere Elements with Premiere Elements' Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets and dragged from there to the Timeline Soundtrack? What is Project Assets showing for the duration of the audio file? What is Windows Explorer showing for the duration of the audio file? If this is one file that contains video and audio, what is the file extension of the file and what is its video and audio compression. Yes, I realize that this is one of 1300 or so with the problem.

Please go to the Media Cache Files Folder (by default in Libraries/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/number of your version/ and delete all its content.

Same problem with the audio after import?

Please confirm that this problem import is straight from the camera without any edits or conversions before it arrived in the Premiere Elements project.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Sound track: back goes over the front and both play together. Last half of the audio is silent.
                attic10 Level 1

Thank you for the above.

The clip in question was imported from the camera to an external hard drive.. It was taken from there to the video as described. It was totally unprocessed until I got it into the editing program, where the audio was detached and used extensively in the section on Vienna, which comprised several clips. As mentioned, in earlier versions of this video, the sound track worked perfectly.

I've deleted the Media Cache files as requested, but without any effect on the import. I've even tried it in a new project of its own.

Windows Explorer gives the following data on the file:Duration, 5minutes 7 seconds.AVCHD Video (MTS)574mb (602,695,680 bytes)Audio bitrate 384kbpsChannels 6Sample rate 48kHzCompression is not specified unless it's implied by the reference to AVCHD above.Video 1920x1080Data rate 15284kbpsFrame rate 29.7/secCompression as above.

Project assets gives a duration for the whole clip as 5:07:15.

It's not hard for me to find this file. It's numbered by the camera, and that number comes across with the transfer to computer. The computer put a (2) on it as I'd used 2 cards and of course each was numbered from 0. This clip is 490 (2). Is there any way of getting it to you so that you can play with it yourself? Would that help anyway?

Cheers,David.

• 5. Re: Sound track: back goes over the front and both play together. Last half of the audio is silent.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

David

Could you send the file as a Dropbox or Google Drive link in a reply post here in your thread in the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum?

What project preset are you using for the project where you have this audio issue? From what you wrote, it appears that you are dealing with 5.1 channel audio. Are all the other clips the same in that regard, and all behave OK except this one?

I will be watching for your decision on the sending of the involved clip.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 6. Re: Sound track: back goes over the front and both play together. Last half of the audio is silent.
                    attic10 Level 1

I've put the file on Google Drive and shared it with you via the no-reply forum email address you seem to be writing from. I'm not all that familiar with these file-sharing programs, so I hope it works. If not, please let me know and I'll try something different. If I've inadvertently given you access to more than just that file, it's not a problem. I don't put anything into a computer that I wouldn't put in a postcard.

Cheers,David.

• 7. Re: Sound track: back goes over the front and both play together. Last half of the audio is silent.
                      attic10 Level 1

I forgot to say that the camera is left permanently on 5.1sound recording. All clips are 5.1.

• 8. Re: Sound track: back goes over the front and both play together. Last half of the audio is silent.
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

attic10

When I respond to a thread, I am at the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum web site and am in your thread. Whenever an entry is made in your thread (and depending how your forum preferences are set), we get an email notification of the post.

For that sending, I would try to take your file into Dropbox or Google Drive, get a link there for the file, and then post that link in a thread reply...best posted when you have accessed the forum through your computer browser. I am not sure how that would work out if you did it somehow through the email notification. So far, the files have not arrived in my email notification, and I do not see it in your thread.

Thanks for the information on the audio and its 5.1 channel property.

We will be watching for further developments.

ATR

• 9. Re: Sound track: back goes over the front and both play together. Last half of the audio is silent.
                          attic10 Level 1

Meet Google Drive – One place for all your files

Meet Google Drive – One place for all your filesGoogle Drive is a free way to keep your files backed up and easy to reach from any phone, tablet, or computer. Start with 15GB of Google storage – free.

View on drive.google.com

Preview by Yahoo

• 11. Re: Sound track: back goes over the front and both play together. Last half of the audio is silent.
                            attic10 Level 1

I've put the file in Dropbox too.I THINK you've been notified.

Cheers,David.

• 12. Re: Sound track: back goes over the front and both play together. Last half of the audio is silent.
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

David

Google Drive will work, but you need to get a sharable link and then post that link in the thread.

1. Google Drive/Sign In

2. New/File Upload....navigate to the file on your computer hard drive to enter its thumbnail into Google Drive

3. Right click that thumbnail in Google Drive, select Share

4. In the Share with Others dialog, click on the top right where it says Get Sharable Link

5. Copy the sharable link that is given and paste it in your post in the thread.

In what you did, I saw no evidence of the sharable link that I could click on in one of your posts.

I am about to call it a day (about 1 am plus here).

I will revisit the thread in the morning morning.

Thanks for the follow ups. Eager to get this sorted out so that you can move forward with your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR

• 14. Re: Sound track: back goes over the front and both play together. Last half of the audio is silent.
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

David

Good morning.

I do not see your Google Drive link (to your file sending) in your post in the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum. And, the thread copy in my email notification is a duplicate of what is appearing within the thread in the forum.

Did you get the Google Drive link for the image according to the path that I gave in post 12?

ATR

• 15. Re: Sound track: back goes over the front and both play together. Last half of the audio is silent.
                                  attic10 Level 1

00490 (2).MTS - Google Drive

Let's hope this works.

And a good afternoon to you, ATR.  Have you come across anything like this problem before? I've never heard of it.

• 16. Re: Sound track: back goes over the front and both play together. Last half of the audio is silent.
                                    attic10 Level 1

Good. The link works. I've just tested it.

You'll see from the unchanging video that the purpose of this clip is to record the music. As soon as I walked into that church and heard the music, I knew I was going to use it. It's the ultimate ambient sound, matched only by the roar of the crowd at a sporting event.

Cheers,

David.

• 17. Re: Sound track: back goes over the front and both play together. Last half of the audio is silent.
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

David

File download and testing about to start.

Thanks.

ATR

• 18. Re: Sound track: back goes over the front and both play together. Last half of the audio is silent.
                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

David

Great news. No problems with your sample. Music from beginning to end of the sample.

1920 x 1080 @ 29.97 interlaced frames per second

MTS file with AVCHD video compression and Dolby Digital 5.1 channel audio (6 channels).

Video bitrate = 14.7 Mbps (variable) and Audio bitrate = 384 kbps (constant).

Field Order for the interlaced video = Upper Field First.

I want you to set the project preset manually before you import your file into the project. Use

NTSC

AVCHD

Full HD1080i30 5.1 Channel

and no other....details for setting this are:

Open Premiere Elements 12/12.1 to its Expert workspace and set the project preset manually with File Menu/New/Project according to the following steps:

• Open the project to the Expert workspace, and go to File Menu/New Project and Change Settings.
                                        • In Change Settings, set the project preset to match the properties of the source media. OK out of there.
                                        • In the New Project dialog that opens, rename the project and make sure to have a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on This Project". OK out of there.
                                        • Back in the Expert workspace, import your source media using Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets from where you drag the file to the Timeline Video Track 1/Audio Track 1. See IMPORTANT note before you move the file from Project Assets to the Timeline.

IMPORTANT

When you import the file into the project, Add Media/Files and Folders/ and when you click Open on the Add Media dialog, the video will appear in Project Assets. At that moment you are likely to see a progress bar in the bottom right of the Expert workspace. Do nothing in the project until the conforming activity in the bar in finished and the bar disappears. Only then do you drag the file from Project Assets to the Timeline Video Track 1/Audio Track 1 (which has a 5.1 tag).

All should be good.

We will be watching for news of your results.

Best wishes

ATR

• 19. Re: Sound track: back goes over the front and both play together. Last half of the audio is silent.
                                          attic10 Level 1

490 (2) Test.m2t - Google Drive

Sorry, but all I've got is a video with 6 sound tracks instead of 2. I made a new project for this, partly to avoid contamination and partly because the original project takes about an hour to load, and another half hour or so to render 28 missed items.

Did you get a good result when you tested it?

Thanks anyway for your patience. This must be trying for you.

Cheers,

David.

• 20. Re: Sound track: back goes over the front and both play together. Last half of the audio is silent.
                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

David

Thanks for the reply. But, I do not understand your reply since I described my results from testing 00490 (2).MTS - Google Drive in detail in post 18 of your thread.

The results were excellent as described. Included in my post are the full details of my testing of your sample video audio.

Please clarify.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On....David, please do not hesitate to ask questions. I am eager for your success.

• 21. Re: Sound track: back goes over the front and both play together. Last half of the audio is silent.
                                              attic10 Level 1

I'm sorry for impugning your professionalism by asking if you'd tested the file. Of course you had.

Regardless, though, I cannot repeat your results. I've followed your admirably clear directions, but the file is still corrupted during the importing process. Also, there's no progress bar for the conformation process. There often isn't, on the shorter videos, so using just the one clip, I wouldn't expect one. The computer runs at 2.66GHZ dual core, so is fairly powerful even by modern standards.

Would it help if I got Elements 13? If and when it's available to us backwoodsmen.

Cheers,David.

• 22. Re: Sound track: back goes over the front and both play together. Last half of the audio is silent.
                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

David

Thanks for the reply.

If you are importing the same clip that you posted and not getting the same no problem results, then we need to look in other troubleshooting directions.

To get the 12 vs 13 out of the way, why not download and install the free 30 days tryout of Premiere Elements 13 from Adobe and determine if you get the same results as with 12? You do not have to uninstall 12 to do this. Just use one program at a time.

If you downloaded the file from the specific link that you posted in this thread and imported this file into your Premiere Elements 12/12.1, do you get the same problem as you have been getting all along with this file?

Typically I would suggest uninstall/cleaner/reinstall, but, since this is one clip in about 1300 that is giving you this problem, that suggestion has not seemed indicated.

Just as a double/triple check...when you import this file using the project preset described for use with file with 5.1 channel audio, are you see the "5.1" next to the name of the audio track where the audio is placed?

Please consider and update us on your progress as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 23. Re: Sound track: back goes over the front and both play together. Last half of the audio is silent.
                                                  attic10 Level 1

Oddly, yes and no regarding the 5.1 tag on audio 1. The first time I tried it, it was there and I got 6 sound tracks, all of which cut out at 2:32. Next day, when I repeated the experiment, the audio was back to its usual 2 tracks. I've kept both versions. When I open them today, the first contains the 5.1 tag; the second doesn't.

HOWEVER !!!!!!!

I followed your suggestion and downloaded 490 (2) MTS from the Google Drive where I had put it to send to you. I put it into the version of Elements 12 that had the 5.1 tag on Audio 1. IT PLAYS PERFECTLY !!!!!

After all we've gone through, I think I'm entitled to a bit of shouting. So are you.

Do you have any idea why this should be? Clearly, the glitch got left behind in the transfer to Google Drive. I wonder if there's any way I can find out what it is? I don't have the skill to break a file down, I'm afraid. Probably not the equipment either.

Cheers, and many thanks for your patience and your help.

David.

• 24. Re: Sound track: back goes over the front and both play together. Last half of the audio is silent.
                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

David

Interesting developments. Let us see what we can do with the following. The following is the MediaInfo video and audio readout for the file that you sent as sample.

MediaInfo.JPG

I would like you to take the file on your side that was the source of what you sent. Put it through MediaInfo and compare your data with the data that are presented in this post.

Just be careful downloading and installing MediaInfo. It is free and an excellent program for this type of troubleshooting but its deliver comes with unwanted baggage if you are not careful in your downloading and installing choices.

MediaInfo download | SourceForge.net

If you have not had time, please triple check the details of your sending, looking for any glitch points. I do not believe that Google Drive alters the sending, but we can look into more details of its protocol.

ATR

• 25. Re: Sound track: back goes over the front and both play together. Last half of the audio is silent.
                                                      attic10 Level 1

I wouldn't have thought Google Drive altered settings either, but something did. Here are the differences I have found comparing your Mediainfo readout with mine:                                                                      Adobe                                        Original                                           Playable file

Format Profile                                                 High@L4.0                                  High @L4                                        High@L4

Format Settings                                              GOP: M=1, N=30                         GOP: M=3, N=15                            GOP: M=3, N=15

Audio:

Between Mode Extension

and                                                                Nothing written                             Format settings, Endianness: Big     Endianness: Big

Codec ID 129Bit Depth                                                       16 bits                                         Nothing written                                 Nothing written

Cheers,David.

• 26. Re: Sound track: back goes over the front and both play together. Last half of the audio is silent.
                                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

David

Thanks for your MediaInfo readout from your original file. Just to be sure...read your file in MediaInfo, but be sure that you are in the Tree View of MediaInfo. Please go to MediaInfo's View Menu/Tree  and make sure Tree is selected.

Your readout may not have been from the Tree View.

Thanks.

ATR

• 27. Re: Sound track: back goes over the front and both play together. Last half of the audio is silent.
                                                          attic10 Level 1

I've downloaded the trial version of Elements 13. The troublesome clip plays perfectly.

This time, there was a progress bar for conforming, but no 5.1 on audio 1. Just the usual 2 tracks, and no little 5.1 flag.

It seems I can buy  Elements 13 from Australia, so I will do that. Globalisation is wonderful at times.

Cheers,David.

• 28. Re: Sound track: back goes over the front and both play together. Last half of the audio is silent.
                                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

David

Sounds like good progress. I am not sure what is happening to that clip in your Premiere Elements in your computer environment.

I am a bit worried about the "5.1" no show to the right of the track name (Audio 1). If you are using one the project presets described to include 5.1 channel, that little "5.1" notation should be there. In this example, I manually set the project preset for NTSC AVCHD Full HD1080i30 5.1 Channel.

Note.JPG

But, consider...is it going to be worthwhile to go from 12/12.1 to 13/13.1 for this one file? Did you give the 13 tryout a workout before finalizing a purchase?

Best wishes

ATR

• 29. Re: Sound track: back goes over the front and both play together. Last half of the audio is silent.
                                                              attic10 Level 1

Ah, so that's the answer regarding 13. I didn't adjust anything. I just put the clip into the program to see if it would play. It did, so I left it at that. 

Sent from Samsung Mobile

• 30. Re: Sound track: back goes over the front and both play together. Last half of the audio is silent.
                                                                attic10 Level 1

I haven't given 13 a workout yet. I'll load in the big Europe video at the weekend. I am interested in 13's stabiliser though. I'm pretty good with the handheld camera, but I'm getting on a bit and I'm not as steady as I was. 12's stabiliser is o.k, but no more than that. 

YouTube has a good stabiliser,but it produces some unfortunate results  on a clip that doesn't need stabilising. It works only on the whole video, so I can't choose an individual clip. 

Cheers

David. 

Sent from Samsung Mobile

• 32. Re: Sound track: back goes over the front and both play together. Last half of the audio is silent.
                                                                  attic10 Level 1

Thank you for this link. I probably will upgrade. The upgrade isn't all that expensive, and I like to keep my programs up to date. Most of them, anyway.

I take it I can't get an existing video to use the 5.1 settings? It didn't seem to work when I tried. Individual clips from the source files work fine. Not that it really matters. Playback comes out pretty well in my 5.1 home theatre.

Have we finished here or is there more I can tell you? Have your investigations revealed anything? Do the differences I picked out earlier matter?

Cheers,

David.

• 33. Re: Sound track: back goes over the front and both play together. Last half of the audio is silent.
                                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

David

Thanks for the follow up.

1. As for purchasing Premiere Elements 13/13.1.....if history repeats itself, there should be a new version of Premiere Elements released in September October 2015. No one but Adobe knows what new features there will be, what will stay the same, what will change. Usually the closer it gets to the new version release date, the price lowers on the current version which will soon be replaced by the newer one.

2. I am still not sure what is happening with your 5.1 audio and Premiere Elements. When we both looked at the same sent video audio there was no problem there or here. Yet the original of the sending had its problems on your side. Please let me know if you have any further video samples that you want me to look at.

But if you are at a good place with your projects, you need to decide what is worthwhile to pursue. Just let me know when and if I can be of assistance in your Premiere Elements troubleshooting.

Best wishes.

ATR

• 34. Re: Sound track: back goes over the front and both play together. Last half of the audio is silent.
                                                                      attic10 Level 1

Thanks ATR. There aren't any more clips giving me problems. That single one was totally astonishing. 

Many thanks for your help. Even if we don't know why, I now have good audio for about half my Vienna footage. 

Cheers, and thank you. 

David. 

Sent from Samsung Mobile

• 35. Re: Sound track: back goes over the front and both play together. Last half of the audio is silent.
                                                                        attic10 Level 1

There have been developments since ATR and I finished this discussion.

My computer needed servicing, so as the technicians were going to strip out the operating system and re-install it I asked them to upgrade to W10. If I was going to have to reinstall all my 3rd-party programs, I thought I might as well get the latest O/S.

I got the computer home and reinstalled the programs I actually use. This did not include Quicktime, which was on my computer previously.

I put my troublesome video into Elements 12 and it turned out that now several music clips had the same problem. I didn't fancy troubling ATR again, so I did some checking of my own. Firstly, do any other clips play? Yes they do. What's the difference? It turns out that the clips that played were MP3. The ones that didn't were m4a. This was meaningless to me, but I could get a file converter and convert the m4a files to MP3. All was then well, so I re-made the movie with all the music in MP3.

I mentioned this to my son, who suggested a codec was missing and asked if I had Quicktime, which is Apple's player. I'd left it out, as I don't actually use it. I put it back in. Incidentally, Quicktime 7 won't install with W10, but I had an older version which would, so I've unchecked its update box. I opened Elements 12, put in the original troublesome clip using the "add media" program, and it all worked perfectly. I even got the 5.1 sound that ATR told me how to get.

Do I understand any of this? No. Maybe ATR will. I hope this post will be of some use to somebody.

• 36. Re: Sound track: back goes over the front and both play together. Last half of the audio is silent.
                                                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

attic10

Great news of your successes. Great job.

About QuickTime

But, you bring up some puzzling questions, especially about QuickTime. What version of QuickTime did you have before Windows 10 upgrade, what version of QuickTime did you have after Windows 10 upgrade, and, when all was working, what version of QuickTime did you have installed? This is my story with regard to QuickTime and latest version installed.

1. On Windows 7 Pro SP1 64 bit (desktop), QuickTime 7.7.8 is the latest version. And, all is working there.

2. On Windows 10 Pro 64 bit laptop (the upgrade from Windows 7 Pro SP1 64 bit), QuickTime 7.7.7 is the latest version. And, all is working there.

3. On Windows 10 Home 64 bit laptop (the upgrade from Window 8.1 64 bit), QuickTime 7.7.6 is the latest version. And, all is working there.

Based on your further details about your QuickTime experience, later today I will try to force QuickTime 7.7.8 on one of the Windows 10 computer and see what happens. Apple - QuickTime - Download

About m4a files....

I do not recall them being brought up before. Are these iTunes files or other? Typically we see m4a as iTunes music which triggers import error messages. In those cases, the solution is converting the .m4a to the WAV version in iTunes and then importing the WAV version into Premiere Elements with Premiere Elements Add Media/Files and Folders. iTunes: How to convert a song to a different file format - Apple Support

Thanks for the follow up and the details.

Best wishes

ATR

• 37. Re: Sound track: back goes over the front and both play together. Last half of the audio is silent.
                                                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

attic10

I did some exploration into QuickTime Windows 10 after your post 35 today, and the following is the outcome

Premiere Elements Windows 10 QuickTime Latest Version Requirement

Thanks.

ATR

• 38. Re: Sound track: back goes over the front and both play together. Last half of the audio is silent.
                                                                              attic10 Level 1

Sorry to take so long to get back to you, ATR.

The version of Quicktime that works is 7.7.4. It's what I had before the upgrade to W10.

As far as the m4a files go, I'm afraid I can't give you much detail as I didn't keep a note of the files I had to convert, and the converter doesn't keep a history. My music comes from CD or Internet searches. In the video that triggered this discussion, almost all of it was from CDs. I've gone more to YouTube lately. I put the whole YT clip into Elements, strip off the video, and use the bare audio.  I don't use iTunes, but that's not to say that the person who put the music on line didn't use it.

I didn't bring them up before because I had only the one failed clip.

The camera records sound in Dolby AC3 in 5.1 with its internal microphone, which I was using since there's no wind problem in a building.

I notice you converted to .wav. Do you prefer that to MP3? I remember seeing .wav promotional stickers on a TV sound technician's door. Maybe I should convert to .wav instead of MP3.

Many thanks for your help. It's appreciated.

• 39. Re: Sound track: back goes over the front and both play together. Last half of the audio is silent.
                                                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

attic10

As for .mp3 vs .wav, I would probably go with the .wav for quality reasons, but for now avoid the adpcm.wav files since lately there are some reports of Premiere Elements incompatibility issues with them. The pcm.wav should be OK in contrast to the adpcm.wav.

Best wishes

ATR

1 2 Previous Next