2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2015 9:52 PM by A.T. Romano

Error: Premiere Elements 13 No disk Please insert disk into drive\Device\Harddisk4\DR4

jeanpnewadobeuser

Hi,

I just purchased Premier Elements 13 and installed it in a Dell XPS 8700 running Windows 7 Pro SP1, 64 bit. I installed it by downloading files from Adobe using the Adobe Akami NetSession Interface. It installed fine, I entered the program codes I had received and when I started the software I received a No Disk error: "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk4\DR4."

Based on what I read online, I tried the following fixes:

I rebooted and restarted and received the same error upon program launch.

I uninstalled and reinstalled and received the same error upon program launch.

I uninstalled, ran a registry cleaner, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted, and received the same error upon program launch.

I uninstalled, ran a registry cleaner, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted, then went into the Premier files and renamed Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 13\Plug-Ins\Common\NewBlue\OldFilm.AEX to Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 13\Plug-Ins\Common\NewBlue\OldFilm.AEXOLD and received the same error upon program launch.

The Adobe software is the ONLY software giving me this type of error. I've never even used it so far, just installed it and tried to run it and keep getting errors.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

J