0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2015 3:07 AM by NormanStanley (aka Craig)

Major performance issues with LR CC - I've LR 4 and downloaded the CC trial yesterday and have a big performance drop on a hi-spec PC!!!??

NormanStanley (aka Craig)

On basis of test described below I won't be upgrading (though would like to read my 7D Mk II RAW files) unless I leave LR4 on my machine and continue to run it as well. I'm running LR 4 and a very high spec PC, bought this year and yesterday I downloaded the 30 day trial of LR CC and appear to have lost a lot of performance. Looking briefly at performance information it's devouring RAM a lot more than LR 4.

A like for like export took about double in CC and I cannot afford to have this performance drop because a few times a year I have to export 2000 (I get paid to photo cycling and some running) . Any thoughts? I think I shall email Adobe and see what comes back. I wondered if the full blown non-trial version maybe faster but any performance would I am sure be in the trial.

Machine spec is: Intel i7 4790K overclocked to 4.4GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 TI 2GB Graphics Card, 2TB 7200RPM Hard Disk - 6Gbps, 256GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD, Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16GB Corsair/Crucial/Samsung PC3-12800 1600MHz DDR3 Memory (2 x 8GB sticks)