11 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2015 11:13 AM by Ian Lyons

turning off lightroom mobile

kennethb86250529

Anyone know how to turn off the Lightroom mobile free trial?  I didn't ask for it, and it's slowing down my web connection.

• 1. Re: turning off lightroom mobile
          johnrellis Most Valuable Participant

You can pause LR Mobile's syncing so it doesn't consume any resources:

Screen Shot 2015-07-19 at 10.51.18 PM.png

• 2. Re: turning off lightroom mobile
            kennethb86250529 Level 1

That's appreciated.  At this point, I might be being stubborn, but do you know how to remove it altogether?

• 3. Re: turning off lightroom mobile
              ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

LR Mobile is an app on a mobile device, so uninstall it from your mobile device.

If you are asking how to uninstall the sync function from LR Desktop, it is a function of LR Desktop, so you should uninstall LR Desktop.

If you are merely asking how to get the reference for LR Mobile off of the identity plate, then you can customize you identity plate like John has by right-clicking on it.

• 4. Re: turning off lightroom mobile
                kennethb86250529 Level 1

Thanks.  I don't think it's on my mobile device.  It better not be :-) as I didn't install it or agree to any such thing.  I don't know what the identity plate is (I am new to LR).  I wouldn't want to uninstall LR - I just installed it, I want to use it, but I don't want anything to do with it on my phone.  I am just surprised it was automatically sending data over my web connection.  I am gathering that the syncing with mobile from LR is just a feature of LR, and the best I can do is permanently 'pause' the synching, which is fine.

• 5. Re: turning off lightroom mobile
                  JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The identity plate is what is illustrated in the message above with the picture. Hover your mouse over that area and you will find a pulldown where you can pause Lightroom Mobile. You cannot remove the reference to Lightroom Mobile, but if you pause it you won't see any more reference to it.

As far as "doing anything" to your phone is concerned, unless you have installed Lightroom Mobile on your phone you have nothing to be concerned with. And unless you have purposely synchronized a collection, then you haven't sent anything to Lightroom Mobile.

Lightroom Mobile is a feature that is built into the Lightroom desktop program. You cannot completely remove it, just like you cannot remove any of the modules in Lightroom. If you don't want to use Lightroom Mobile, just don't use it.

• 6. Re: turning off lightroom mobile
                    ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you want to check what might be synced to the Adobe Cloud ready for LR Mobile, you can go to:  http://lightroom.adobe.com/ and sign in with your AdobeID that you've purchased the LR CC subscription with.

• 7. Re: turning off lightroom mobile
                      kennethb86250529 Level 1

Thanks again Jim.  I'm not sure where you said I haven't sent anything to LR mobile, because the app was in fact sending something somewhere - the way I learned about it in the first place was that I tried to shut down the app, and I was told uploads were in progress.  Again I think I am fine to just pause it and ignore it.  Everyone has an opinion, but I don't think it should be defaulted on as it was confusing, and for a time slowed down the bandwidth in my house without me knowing what was happening...if software is going to use resource, the user should be looped in.

• 8. Re: turning off lightroom mobile

You're probably right. But Adobe is aggressively marketing their creative cloud features. And they want new users to at least try the Lightroom Mobile feature. I believe that is why it is by default turned on. Login as ssprengel suggests, using your desktop computer, and see what has been synchronized. Do you understand how Lightroom Mobile works? When it is active there is a little icon to the left of your collections. If you click on that icon then that collection will be synchronized with Lightroom Mobile. The reason I suspected that maybe you hadn't synchronized anything is because unless you specifically click on that little icon nothing is synchronized. I'm just wondering if maybe something else was going on that you weren't aware of.

• 9. Re: turning off lightroom mobile
                          kennethb86250529 Level 1

Well, it said something quite like 'can't shut down because synching to LR mobile - do you want to pause.'  I take the point about them marketing it - personally I don't want to be aggressively marketed to :-).  But all's well that ends well and thanks again for the quick and helpful replies!

• 10. Re: turning off lightroom mobile

This is the little icon that you need to click on to synchronize collections with Lightroom Mobile. As you can see, I have synchronized three collections.

Capture.JPG

• 11. Re: turning off lightroom mobile
                              Ian Lyons MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Ken,

There is no way to turn Lr mobile completely off. Sadly, it's always sitting there in the background ready to for the unwary. The closest to Off requires you to first go to Lr Preferences panel (see screenshots below) and click on the button labelled 'Delete All Data'. This removes everything you may have already uploaded to Adobe Cloud or in the event you haven't tells it that you don't want to upload any data. You'll know when you've succeeded when ID panel shows "Start' rather than the Pause symbol (again see screenshots).

clear-data.png

start-stop.png