5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2015 1:29 PM by A.T. Romano

Why is my Video's audio out of sync in Adobe Premeire Elements?

Granuke

When I put my video in Adobe Premiere Elements the video's audio is about 1.5 seconds to late. I have contacted 6 Adobe support reps and have had no help.

• 1. Re: Why is my Video's audio out of sync in Adobe Premeire Elements?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Granuke

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

Is the audio out of sync with the video after you have Timeline rendered the Timeline content?

What are the properties of your source file? And, very importantly, where is the file coming from - camcorder, cell phone, iPad, or other. Does the device that is recording the video use a variable instead of a constant frame rate? If so, be advised that Premiere Elements (many versions) do not work well with source files that are recorded with a variable frame rate. The problems range from audio out of sync to not being able to import the file at all. In these cases, the solution has been to take the file into the free HandBrake program to obtain a H.264.mp4 version with a constant, rather than variable, frame rate. And, then import that version into the Premiere Elements project.

https://handbrake.fr/

Please review, consider, and give more details. Then we can decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Why is my Video's audio out of sync in Adobe Premeire Elements?
            Granuke Level 1

Version: 12

1. No the video out of sync when I put it in the timeline and after I render and export.

2.  I don't know what the properties are but the file came from an Elgato Capture Card. Which I have used on this software once before and had no problems.

3. No it uses frame rates.

4. I believe it is set at 30fps.

5. I have used Handbrake before but not before exporting it, I will try that and let you know if that works or not.

• 3. Re: Why is my Video's audio out of sync in Adobe Premeire Elements?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Granuke

Thank for the reply and exploring the suggestions.

In HandBrake, as the test run, just assure that, under the Video Tab, you have selected your frame rate as 29.97 or 30 (do not use the "Same As Source"), and assure that you have a dot next to Constant for the frame rate.

Probably the best way to decide whether or not you are dealing with a variable frame rate issue is to put the video through the MediaInfo video audio properties readout program and observe if you get 3 or 1 frame rate under the Video Properties. If variable frame rate was used in recording the file, you will see 3 frame rates: minimum frame rate, frame rate, and maximum frame rate.

We will be watching for your progress as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Why is my Video's audio out of sync in Adobe Premeire Elements?
                Granuke Level 1

Hey that worked! I have contacted so many people and they had no idea what they were doing. Now I can finally start working again, thanks

• 5. Re: Why is my Video's audio out of sync in Adobe Premeire Elements?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Granuke

Great news "...that worked!". Sounds so good. Great job in follow through to gain that success so that you can move forward with your projects.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have questions or need clarification on your Premiere Elements workflows.

Special thanks for the follow up to let us know the outcome.

Best wishes

ATR