6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2016 7:11 AM by ds art

Edit/preferences/lr mobile tab say not signed in?

MacallanRocks

lr sync not working and when I check preferences tablr mobile it states "not signed in" but cannot locate where to do that

• 1. Re: Edit/preferences/lr mobile tab say not signed in?
          greule Adobe Employee

You could you try to sign-in via the Lr help menu. Hope that helps. - Guido

• 2. Re: Edit/preferences/lr mobile tab say not signed in?
            DJEL

Hello, I have the same problem (sort of) on my notebook. (not my desktop PC)

The lightroom preference mobile tab states "Not logged in"

but the Help tab states "Sign Out (mail address)" which is correct, since I'm logged in via the Creative Cloud  App.

If I try to Sign in via the `Sync with ligtroom mobile` popup tab on the identity plate LR loops in "Connecting..." and "Your computer does not appear to be connected to the internet"

I did run the troubleshoot procedures

• 3. Re: Edit/preferences/lr mobile tab say not signed in?
              greule Adobe Employee

Could you try to re-sign-in via the Creative Cloud app. Quit Lr Desktop, re-sign-in via CC -app and re-launch Lr Desktop.

Let me know if that helps. - Guido

• 4. Re: Edit/preferences/lr mobile tab say not signed in?
                DJEL Level 1

Hello again,

Logged out and in on desktop, no change.

Logged out on Desktop, logged out on Laptop.

Login succeeded on Laptop with CC app (as usual)

Lightroom no change, says connected in help tab, says disconnected in identity plate (and hence no synchronisation with mobile)

Login succeeded on Desktop, synchronisation with mobile works as expected.

Conclusion: something wrong on my laptop, but I checked all suggestions as per troubleshooting guide. Reboot does not solve anything

Clean hosts file, successfull connection to adobe registration hosts etc.

Did a remove and re-install of CC App and Lightroom, no change.

I have to mention that on the laptop I used to run Lightroom version 4 before I upgraded to CC, so maybe some stale dll's still exist?

• 5. Re: Edit/preferences/lr mobile tab say not signed in?
                  DJEL Level 1

Hello,

I finally solved the notebook's problem.

I de-installed ALL Adobe software from my notebook. Lr4, Lr6, Ps and CC

Ran the AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.

Cleaned the registry (using CCleaner)

Re-installed CC, Lr and Ps

Now both the Lr help tab and the preferences>mobile show connected.

Still looking for an easy way to keep things syncronised.

Master catalog on desktop, partial catalog on laptop and selected collections (from both??) on my tablet. ....

• 6. Re: Edit/preferences/lr mobile tab say not signed in?
                    ds art Level 2

for sync, you can just sync one catalog at the same time by one user,

so you sync or the catalog of the laptop or the catalog of the desktop.

so best workflow for sync is one catalog (the master) and create sync collections that you would be use on laptop and/or tablet.