3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2015 5:59 PM by JimHess

Catalog on Lightroom 5 AND Lightroom CC - A MESS

Marcia Mahoney

Hi-

I updated to Lightroom CC when it was first released, and updated my catalog as prompted. Later, I stupidly used the Lightroom icon on my toolbar to open Lightroom, and it opened the old Lightroom 5 version. Now, when I open Lightroom CC, the images that I uploaded using Lightroom 5 aren't visible.

I store my catalog on my computer hard drive, and my images on an external hard drive.

I would like to update my catalog again.

How do I do this?

M

• 1. Re: Catalog on Lightroom 5 AND Lightroom CC - A MESS
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Lightroom 5 and Lightroom CC use completely separate catalogs. If there aren't a lot of images involved, you can just open Lightroom CC and import the images that you mistakenly imported into Lightroom 5. The images will be referenced in both catalogs, but it won't matter.

• 2. Re: Catalog on Lightroom 5 AND Lightroom CC - A MESS
            Marcia Mahoney Level 1

Thanks. I almost did that, but I wondered if any changes I made to the images would come with, in the import, or will I just be importing the raw image? I'm assuming, if they are separate catalogs, it will just be the raw images.  Also, I'd created and updated some collections. Is there a way to transfer that? It's a couple weeks of activity. Is there another possible solution .... delete CC, re-add it, and transfer the later LR5 catalog?

• 3. Re: Catalog on Lightroom 5 AND Lightroom CC - A MESS
              JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You are just importing the images. All of the adjustments are stored in the catalog. Your images are left unchanged. One thing you could do is create a copy of your Lightroom 5 catalog and rename it to something unique. Then in Lightroom CC if you go to File->Open and open the copy. Lightroom CC well, of course have to convert it, but everything you have done would be in place, including the collections that you have created. Then you could just delete the original copy that you made. I hope this doesn't sound too confusing.