4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2015 4:32 AM by esheato

Constant problems with LR CC

esheato Level 1

Recently upgraded my PC and then had a HD crash.

After re-installing Win 7, I upgraded to LR CC and been having problems ever since.

PC:

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit with SP 1.

AMD FX-6300 Six-Core-Processor 3.5 GHZ

16 GB RAM

SSD for main drive.

Internal 7200 HDD for data and photos.

External USB 3.0 HDD for backup.

Issues:

1. After using F for fullscreen viewing, LR advises to use Shift+F to exit. Upon clicking Shift+F, nothing happens and I cannot escape full screen viewing. Not escape, not space bar, not return....nothing. Task Manager and killing the program is the only thing that works. Next time I boot LR, it works fine....this makes zero sense.

2. The program is unstable. When I click the Develop tab, the cursor spins (like it's thinking) and stays that way until I tire of waiting and click the background. At that point, LR crashes. This happens 8/10 times I open the program. How in the world am I supposed to flag/develop/export images when the program won't stay open?

3. Where in the heck did the amount slider go once you apply the adjustment brush? As an example, after applying skin softening to my beautiful mother, the options are either on or off. There used to be a slider where you could adjust the amount to apply. I understand flow and density, but those only seem to work before I apply. The beauty of LR was you could apply whatever amount you wanted, then adjust the flow afterward. Am I overlooking the slider in CC? I have a feeling this is training related, but I'm going bat crazy trying to figure it out.

Of course, it's Sunday night and I just returned from a camping trip and want to process photos....grrrrrrr.

Thanks for the help.

Ed

---------------------------------EDIT---------------------------------------

This is the error I receive when it locks up (Issue 2 above):

Description:

A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:    AppHangB1

Application Name:    lightroom.exe

Application Version:    6.1.0.10

Application Timestamp:    5571e617

Hang Signature:    9989

Hang Type:    0

OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID:    1033

Additional Hang Signature 1:    9989ec072d30efa11b26506b16ad1802

Additional Hang Signature 2:    a9f9

Additional Hang Signature 3:    a9f9c782599f0d66d842268e768d431d