9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2015 6:51 PM by A.T. Romano

A few questions about exporting in Premiere Elements and Youtube

Oppositeofhood

Basically I made a music video with my Canon SX50 and on my phone and computer it looks great! The last step was to upload it to Youtube and once I did it destroyed my quality. It's very hazy and I figured it was because I had the settings at 720 and my camera is of better quality. When I try H.264 it separates my video from the audio and another file. I'm lost and I need help on the situation I'm pretty use to the camera and specs at this point, thank you.

• 1. Re: A few questions about exporting in Premiere Elements and Youtube
          Oppositeofhood Level 1

Also I used AE to do this then I put it in PE then rendered it to make the size of the video smaller if that helps.

• 2. Re: A few questions about exporting in Premiere Elements and Youtube
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Oppositeofhood

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

Where did you create the movie?

a. In Premiere Elements Timeline which you uploaded to YouTube using the Premiere Elements built in YouTube feature. What were the properties of what you had on the Timeline and what were your project settings? What YouTube preset did you use?

b. In Premiere Elements Timeline which you exported to file saved to the computer hard drive and then uploaded that file to YouTube at the YouTube web site?

What is the estimated file size and duration of this upload. Same question about properties of what you had on the Timeline and your project settings.

Lots going on that we need to sort out...the only way I am seeing with your export separating into video and audio files is if you are experimenting with the Multiplexer Tab in the export settings.

But, please organize what you have been doing and we will sort this out. A quick look at the specifications of the Canon SX50 suggest that your source video

is 1920 x 1080 (not sure of frame rate) as H.264.mov. Your project and export settings probably need adjustments after we are in sync on your workflow details.

Need to call it a day (1 am plus) where I am.

I will revisit your thread in the morning morning.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: A few questions about exporting in Premiere Elements and Youtube
              Oppositeofhood Level 1

I use 9 and I recorded outside to get the best lighting on a sunny day as well. The quality was spot on,even after editing on AE and finishing it turned out great on all forms of tech.I didn't use the built in Youtube upload on AE I rendered it down then manually uploaded it. The time of the video was short, about 1 minute and 48 seconds, the size about 171,000 KBs but it's weird when I shared it with people via Google Drive it appeared perfectly and they all could view it and it's quality. My AE did it's settings according to the video source and there was no problem.

• 4. Re: A few questions about exporting in Premiere Elements and Youtube
                Oppositeofhood Level 1

I was meaning to say I didn't use PE's built in Youtube upload function, the only setting that would give me good quality and sound in it was the 720 preset and on my computer it looked no different after it compressed and rendered. I figured it did nothing, but Youtube isn't dealing with it too well.

• 5. Re: A few questions about exporting in Premiere Elements and Youtube
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Oppositeofhood

Thanks for the replies and sorry for the detail. I have been waiting for more information from you. You have told us that you are using Premiere Elements 9.0.

The following is information that I need.

1. What are the properties of the video that you are recording with your Canon SX50? From the camera's video specifications that I find online, it could be

1920 x 1080 @ 23.976 progressive frames per second

1280 x 720 @ 29.97 progressive frames per second

or

640 x 480 @ 29.97 progressive frames per second

Let us try to find that information this way -

After you import your video into Premiere Elements 9, have the Organize header selected and select Project in the next row.

You should see a thumbnail there for your imported video. Right click the video and select Properties. Then tell us what the properties are there for your video.

2. You report that you are exporting your Timeline video to a file saved to the computer hard drive. What is your export choice for this?

Computer

and then what - MPEG, AVI, QuickTime

What are you setting for the Presets field, and are you using the default values for the selected preset or customizing it under the selected preset's Advanced Button/Video Tab.

We need to get at what those export settings are.

Once we have the above information everything should go into place in the troubleshooting and for solutions.

Looking forward to your follow up as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: A few questions about exporting in Premiere Elements and Youtube
                    Oppositeofhood Level 1

I basically think I've solved the issue and here is the final product https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWNH7r59iac

• 7. Re: A few questions about exporting in Premiere Elements and Youtube
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Oppositeofhood

Where was your answer, in the export settings under the Advanced Button/Video Tab?

ATR

• 8. Re: A few questions about exporting in Premiere Elements and Youtube
                        Oppositeofhood Level 1

In PE I don't remember if I did the Auto export to Youtube or if I did Adobe Flash Video/FLV NTSC Source.

• 9. Re: A few questions about exporting in Premiere Elements and Youtube
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Oppositeofhood

It sounds like and looks like you have everything under control with your music videos.

If you do decide that you want to explore and experiment with another video format, you should take a look

at Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p30 as an export to file saved to the computer hard drive and then uploaded to YouTube at the YouTube web site.

Thanks for the follows ups.

ATR