1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 20, 2015 10:24 AM by dj_paige

Sync Folder issues

SteveF1948 Level 1

I usually load images from cameras onto my laptop's external drive, then copy them to my desktop a couple of times a month.

LR5.7 then synchronises folders so that the photos are catalogued.

Today I asked it to synchronise this month's folder and it showed 4 files to import. When I told it to proceed it displayed "No files to import". This is not the first time it has happened, it's just another niggle in the long list of Lightroom issues.

The files are definitely present in the folder (According to Windows file explorer, but not in LR), so what is going on? Is this just another ploy by Adobe to persuade me to part with more of my hard earned cash and join CC? If so, Adobe can take a hike. LR isn't worth over £100 pa to me, I'm only an amateur and an OAP.

• 1. Re: Sync Folder issues
          dj_paige Level 9

Is this just another ploy by Adobe to persuade me to part with more of my hard earned cash and join CC?

Yes, you have figured it out! Congratulations! Snark begets more snark.

When I told it to proceed it displayed "No files to import". This is not the first time it has happened, it's just another niggle in the long list of Lightroom issues.

The problem is really that the photo has already been imported or synchronized into Lightroom, and so this photo will not be imported again, nor is there any reason to import it again. Thus, this is not a bug or "another niggle", it's the desired behavior (and it works the same under CC and in standalone versions). So, you might want to search your catalog to find the previously imported version of the image.