5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2015 5:25 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 11 Rendering Issues

Malua25 Level 1

I recently installed Premiere Elements 11 using Windows 7. Project Preset is PAL HDV 1081i 25, 16:9 in Expert Mode. On rendering the timeline playback is jittery and image is not sharp. This also translates DVD playback on my TV.

The same project has none of these problems on previous version 4 of Premiere Elements.

Can anyone offer assistance

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 11 Rendering Issues
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Malua25

Short version: We need to know the properties of your source video and that the correct project preset was set based on those video properties.

Detailed version:

What are the properties of the video that you are importing into the project's Timeline.

Video compression

Audio compression

Frame Size

Frame Rate

Interlaced or Progressive

File Extension

Pixel Aspect Ratio

If you are not sure, knowing the brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded the video might give us the information that we need for troubleshooting.

You say that the project preset is PAL HDV 1081i25 16:9. There is no such project preset. The 1081 is no doubt a typing error. And, the HDV is probably HD.

The default project preset for the PAL system is PAL AVCHD Full 1080i25. When looked at in Edit Menu/Project Settings/General, that would look like this

PALpp.JPG

The default project preset for 11, 12/12.1, and 13/13.1 (PAL AVCHD Full HD1080i25) is different than that of Premiere Elements 4 (PAL DV Standard). You could be getting your present project settings because they are correct for your video or because the project did not give the correct project preset and gave you its default instead.

If the project (automatically) cannot give you the correct project settings based on its analysis of the video properties, then you will have to set the project settings before you import the source video. To do that

• Open the project to the Expert workspace, and go to File Menu/New Project and Change Settings.
          • In Change Settings, set the project preset to match the properties of the source media. OK out of there.
          • In the New Project dialog that opens, rename the project and make sure to have a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on This Project". OK out of there.
          • Back in the Expert workspace, import your source media using Add Media/ choice.

Please review, consider, and then we can discuss the next steps in the troubleshooting.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 11 Rendering Issues
            Malua25 Level 1

Hi ATR,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. The best I can do is provide the following from one of the clips I have used. The Video Camera I am using is a Canon HV 30 set to record on HDV 1080i 16:9 format not progressive 25 frames /sec.

The file is MPEG.

Thanks

Malua25

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 11 Rendering Issues
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Malua25

Are you doing HDV data capture firewire into the Premiere Elements 11 Capture Window?

If so, this what I would like you to do....

a. start a new Premiere Elements 11 project

b. Go to Expert workspace File Menu/New/Project and set the project preset manually to

PAL

HDV

HDV 1080i25

Use the following sequence for doing this

• Open the project to the Expert workspace, and go to File Menu/New Project and Change Settings.
              • In Change Settings, set the project preset to match the properties of the source media. OK out of there.
              • In the New Project dialog that opens, rename the project and make sure to have a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on This Project". OK out of there.
              • Back in the Expert workspace, start your capture using Add Media/HDV Camcorder.

The above should put a MPEG2.mpg file on your Timeline. What is the quality of MPEG2.mpg playback in the Edit area monitor at that point?

If you are letting the project set the project preset automatically, it may be setting for PAL AVCHD Full HD1080i25 instead of the above. That is the matter that I am asking you to explore. As backup information, in the current project, what does its Edit Menu/Projects Settings/General show for Editing Mode?

Please consider so that we can rule in or out the above factors.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 11 Rendering Issues
                Malua25 Level 1

Hi ATR

Thanks for your quick reply.

I use firewire for HDV capture into Elements 11 and have tried your suggestions regarding the Project preset and this seems to have sorted out the problem.

Regards

Malua25

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 11 Rendering Issues
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Malua25

Wonderful news. Great job in follow through to resolve the problem and let know the outcome. Appreciated.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions on your Premiere Elements workflows.

Best wishes

ATR