3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2015 2:19 AM by Laubender

How to remove empty image boxes?

Sivanadri Sirisha

I am using dynamic images in InDesign file. I need to remove empty image box when there is no image. Anyone have idea?

Thanks

Sirisha

• 1. Re: How to remove empty image boxes?
          Laubender Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi Sivandri Sirisha,

can you tell us a bit more about your workflow?

How do you determine, if a graphic frame is not needed anymore?
          Are there distinct differences between a not needed graphic frame other than not containing an image?
          Maybe an applied object style? Maybe a distinct fill color or stroke width? Something that is unique to your graphic frames holding images?

Uwe

• 2. Re: How to remove empty image boxes?
            Sivanadri Sirisha Level 1

Hi Laubender,

I have used 20 image boxes in design file which are dynamic using XMPIE uPlan. I am using two different Object Styles for the image boxes alternatively. The image box should remove/hide when there is no image in the image box.

Thanks

S. Sirisha

• 3. Re: How to remove empty image boxes?
              Laubender Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Do you know why XMPIE uPlan is creating empty graphic frames?

I'm not familiar with that tool. Maybe you can find a way to prevent this.

I see a chance, that a script can do what you want iterating the allPageItems array and checking all graphic frames if the said Object Styles are applied and will not contain any images.

I don't know your layout, so I cannot tell, if there any side effects removing those frames. There might be some, if you have to write back data to the tool.

Uwe