8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2015 5:17 PM by freethedata

Titles

freethedata Level 1

In PRE8 there is a DVD title template called "European Travel".  Now that I need it, I do not find that template in PRE12, even after I right-clicked on the title templates in PRE12 and selected "Download All".  Even though I apparently downloaded all the DVD title files from Adobe.com -- because I no longer see a blue slash in the upper right corner of the title thumbnails,  I do not see any differences in the title templates available before and after downloading.  How else can I do or verify the download?  I do see a DVD title template in the PRE8 Adobe program files called "European Travel".  How do I get that template from PRE8 to PRE12, and use it in PRE12? Or is there something else that I can do to be able to use that title?

• 1. Re: Titles
          A.T. Romano Level 7

freethedata

Copy the (A) European Travel Folder in Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1

It is found in the path

Local Disk C

Program Files (x86)

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0

DVD Templates

Common

Travel

and, in the Travel Folder, is the European Travel Folder that you copy.

Paste the (A) European Travel Folder in a newly created folder, in this example, named Specials

Use the path

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 12

DVD Templates

Common

Specials (the newly created folder)

and, in the Specials Folder, paste the (A) European Travel Folder.

I have road tested this with Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 and Premiere Elements 12/12.1 on Windows 7 64 bit. It works.

There is an alternate placement of the (A) European Travel Folder in an Online Folder route.  I prefer not to use that route for user customized or created DVD templates.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

There is no European Travel theme in Premiere Elements 12/12.1 as shipped.

ATR

Add On...when you mention "DVD title template", I decided to focus on that meaning DVD Templates for burn to disc since the Titles & Text are not specific for a DVD, rather for a project whose export could be a burn to disc or export to file saved to the computer hard drive.....please confirm what you seek - Disc Menu theme or Titles & Text Template.

• 2. Re: Titles
            A.T. Romano Level 7

freethedata

If you are really asking about the Titles & Text European Travel (credits, frame, lower3rd, and title) from 8.0/8.0.1 to 12/12.1. It can be done rather easily.

I will reopen this particular post with full details if you confirm that is what you seek.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Titles
              freethedata Level 1

Yes.  I want to use that title found in 8 in 12.  But I also want to know why it did not download when I downloaded all titles from the Adobe website.

Sent from my iPad

• 4. Re: Titles
                freethedata Level 1

Thanks.  This worked for me.

But why didn't it download from Adobe?

Sent from my iPad

• 5. Re: Titles
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

freethedata

I do not understand your

But I also want to know why it did not download when I downloaded all titles from the Adobe website.

If you are talking about content download for Premiere Elements 12/12.1 from within the project, the answer is Adobe has removed it from the choices of Titles & Text. I am not Adobe and have no insider information on what it does with its program features and choices. Some of the 8.0/8.0.1 files are not transferable because they are tga and later versions do not support tga files. Luckily we do not run into this issue when transferring European Travel title templates from 8.0/8.0.1 to 12/12.1.

On the Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 side of things, we need to copy the 2 European Travel assets (the .png files and the .prtl files). One will have a Templates Folder destination. The other will have a Logo Folder destination.

1. Go to

Local Disk C

Program Files (x86)

Adobe

Presets

Templates

Common

Travel

European Travel

The European Travel Folder should contain: eurotravel_credit.prtl, eurotravel_frame.prtl, eurotravel_lower3rd.prtl, and eurotravel_title.

copy the whole European Travel Folder to the following location for 12/12.1.

Local Disc C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 12.0

Presets

Templates

Common

Slideshow

and, in the Slideshow Folder, paste the European Travel Folder from 8.0/8.0.1.

2. Go to

Local Disc C

Program Files (x86)

Adobe

Presets

Logos

Common

and, in the Common Folder, copy all the .png eurotravel files related to the European Travel title template (should be 13 by my count)

Then,

Local Disc C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 12.0

Presets

Logos

Common

an, in the Common Folder, paste the European Travel png files.

This was road tested and worked for me. Please consider and let me know if any problems getting that to work for you.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: Titles
                    freethedata Level 1

The copy and paste routine did work for me.  I now have the European Vacation titles to use.

What I still do not understand is why the instructions in the PRE12 on-line tutorial did not work.  As instructed, I opened the Text and Titles, right-clicked on a title, selected the Download All box, and a file of over 1/2 Gb proceeded to download.  Yet nothing changed in the titles available after the download. 

If I did not already have PRE8, I would not be able to use that title, despite Adobe implying within the program that more titles would be available if I downloaded them from their website.

Sent from my iPad

• 7. Re: Titles
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

freethedata

Thanks for the great news about the European assets from 8.0/8.0.1 now in 12/12.1.

The following may clear up the matter of the concept of content download.

When you install Premiere Elements 12/12.1, you get folders for all the assets. Those classed as content download type are the ones which have folder installed for them but are not complete yet. For example, for DVD template, in order for it to work, you need its .psd files. Content download will get those .psd files and whatever else is need to make the asset work.

So, when you see the thumbnail with the blue band in its upper right corner,

a. if you click Download Now, you get the files necessary to complete that particular file's folder.

b. if you click Download All, you get the files necessary to complete all the themes that are offered for 12/12.1 for the category that you are in.

Content download All or otherwise does not download every theme that Adobe ever offered in all of its versions.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: No Content Disc - Content Downloads from Adobe

By the way, if you ever want to transfer 8.0/8.0.1Titles & Text that uses tga graphics, you need to convert those tga graphics to .png before going through the transfer process already mentioned.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 8. Re: Titles
                        freethedata Level 1

Thanks for the Download explanation.  There is no way one could infer the actual process from the Tutorial.

Sent from my iPad