10 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2015 3:00 PM by A.T. Romano

Adobe premiere Elements 11 asynchronism audio video

Italy

I write in Italian before and after in English. I wait kind replies in Italian, if possible, otherwise in English: Ho acquistato già da diverso tempo Adobe Premiere Elements 11; talvolta quando carico il filmato mi accorgo che l'audio è in ritardo rispetto al video; come posso regolare bene la sincronizzazione tra audio e video? Attendo risposte dettagliate. Grazie. Saluti.

I bought Adobe Premiere Elements 11; when I open the video in Premiere Elements 11 I have noticed audio (sound) is in delay as to video; how can I regulate synchronization between audio (sound) and video? I wait for detalaited answers. Thank you. Yours faithfully.

• 1. Re: Adobe premiere Elements 11 asynchronism audio video
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Exactly what is INSIDE the video you are editing?

Codec & Format information, with 2 links inside for you to read http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1270588

Report back with the codec details of your file, use the programs below... A screen shot works well to SHOW people what you are doing

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1070933 for screen shot instructions

Free programs to get file information for PC/Mac http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

Does your video use a VARIABLE Frame Rate or a Constant Frame Rate?

• 2. Re: Adobe premiere Elements 11 asynchronism audio video
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Italy

What is the brand/model/settings of the device that recorded the device - was the device a digital camera, cell phone, iPad, screen capturing program, or other.

In the likelihood, that the video was recorded with a variable frame rate instead of a constant one, then use the free HandBrake program to obtain a H.264.mp4 version with a constant rather than various frame rate. Then import that H.264.mp4 version into your Premiere Elements project.

Probably the best way to tell if your video was recorded with variable or constant frame rate is to look at the video properties in MediaInfo that John has mentioned. If you see 3 frame rates (minimum frame rate, frame rate, and maximum frame rate), then you know that you are dealing with a video with variable frame rate. Premiere Elements does not do well with that type of situation. The problems range from audio out of sync to not being able to import the video at all into the Premiere Elements project.

https://handbrake.fr/

If the above applies to you, I can give you detailed how to in order to use HandBrake to give you the H.264.mp4 with the constant frame rate for your Premiere Elements project.

If the above does not apply to you, still need details of your source video, how you are importing it into the project, project settings.

Any questions, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Adobe premiere Elements 11 asynchronism audio video
              Italy Level 1

I usuallly use video in format (that is of kind) ts that is the video has extension ts. In the video there may be for example a sport transmission I recordered by tv.

-

Messaggio originale----

Da: forums_noreply@adobe.com

Data: 21/07/2015 16.16

A: "giu sib"<sibgiu@libero.it>

Ogg:  Adobe premiere Elements 11 asynchronism audio video

created by John T Smith in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

Exactly what is INSIDE the video you are editing?

Codec &amp; Format information, with 2 links inside for you to read http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1270588

Report back with the codec details of your file, use the programs below... A screen shot works well to SHOW people what you are doing

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1070933 for screen shot instructions

Free programs to get file information for PC/Mac http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

Does your video use a VARIABLE Frame Rate or a Constant Frame Rate?

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7777753#7777753 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7777753#7777753

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, &amp; "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 4. Re: Adobe premiere Elements 11 asynchronism audio video
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Italy

A MPEG2.ts file should be supported in your Premiere Elements 11.

Make a copy of the MPEG2.ts and for the copy change the file extension from .ts to .mpeg. Then import the .mpeg version into Premiere Elements 11 project and determine the condition of the playback of the Timeline rendered Timeline.

Nevertheless, I think that you should take your video into HandBrake to get the H.264.mp4 with constant frame rate version to import into your Premiere Elements project.

Have you said what computer operating system you have?

ATR

• 5. Re: Adobe premiere Elements 11 asynchronism audio video
                  Italy Level 1

I have seen Adobe Premiere Elements 11 often opens and has no problem audio - video with file ts but I have seen it has sometimes had asynchronism in audio and video; there is a detailed explanation in some Adobe Premiere Elements 11 guide or help? So I might read step by step what I must do to solve the delay of audio as to video. Thanks.

-

Messaggio originale----

Data: 22/07/2015 23.07

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

Italy

A MPEG2.ts file should be supported in your Premiere Elements 11.

Make a copy of the MPEG2.ts and for the copy change the file extension from .ts to .mpeg. Then import the .mpeg version into Premiere Elements 11 project and determine the condition of the playback of the Timeline rendered Timeline.

Nevertheless, I think that you should take your video into HandBrake to get the H.264.mp4 with constant frame rate version to import into your Premiere Elements project.

Have you said what computer operating system you have?

ATR

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7783642#7783642 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7783642#7783642

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, &amp; "Stop Following"

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 6. Re: Adobe premiere Elements 11 asynchronism audio video
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Italy

I would encourage you to try the HandBrake conversion with one of your file which has the audio and video sync issue when it is in the project.

What you can also try as a small test...

1. Open a new project and import your video audio ts file into the project.

2. Right click the file on the Expert workspace Timeline, and select "Unlink Audio and Video".

3. Click on the audio to select it, and then as you hold down on the Alt key of the computer keyboard move the audio to be in sync with the video by tapping either the left or right arrow key. Each tap moves the audio file 1 frame. You can also hold down the Shift+Alt keys to move the audio in sync with the video by tapping either the left or right arrow key. Each tap moves the audio file 5 frames.

4. I would still like to know if the audio out of sync issue is affected by changing the file's file extension from .ts to .mpeg.

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 7. Re: Adobe premiere Elements 11 asynchronism audio video
                      Italy Level 1

Thank you for your answer; but I seem to understand you're Italian (your name is Italian); if you wish you might reply in Italian in your future possible answers. Thanks.

-

Messaggio originale----

Data: 22/07/2015 23.33

Italy

I would encourage you to try the HandBrake conversion with one of your file which has the audio and video sync issue when it is in the project.

What you can also try as a small test...

1. Open a new project and import your video audio ts file into the project.

2. Right click the file on the Expert workspace Timeline, and select "Unlink Audio and Video".

3. Click on the audio to select it, and then as you hold down on the Alt key of the computer keyboard move the audio to be in sync with the video by tapping either the left or right arrow key. Each tap moves the audio file 1 frame. You can also hold down the Shift+Alt keys to move the audio in sync with the video by tapping either the left or right arrow key. Each tap moves the audio file 5 frames.

4. I would still like to know if the audio out of sync issue is affected by changing the file's file extension from .ts to .mpeg.

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7783648#7783648 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7783648#7783648

• 8. Re: Adobe premiere Elements 11 asynchronism audio video
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Italia

Anche se ho origini italiane, non parlare o leggere l'italiano. Ho bisogno di correre a Google Translate o Bing Translate per farlo. Io conosco una o due parole in italiano, ma .... guadagnando comprensione nella risoluzione dei problemi può essere difficile anche quando la lingua madre è lo stesso per i due comunicanti. Quando le lingue native sono diverse, questo aggiunge una nuova sfida. Così, per il bene di entrambi, io continuerò in inglese

.Il pulsante Tradurre non funziona qui se mescolo italiano e inglese nello stesso posto. Quindi, continuerò in inglese nel prossimo post. In questo modo si sarà in grado di leggere ciò che è in questo post, senza il pulsante Traduci.

Per favore fatemi sapere come Google Translate fatto con quello che ho scritto in inglese e tradotto in italiano.

Non mollare. Lavoreremo per risolvere questo problema.

ATR

• 9. Re: Adobe premiere Elements 11 asynchronism audio video
                          Italy Level 1

Ok, thank you; I have so little time to answer and  try what you have suggested me; when I test your kind hints I let you how what the result is; as for translation it is clear enough but not completely.Tours faithfully.

-

Messaggio originale----

Data: 23/07/2015 0.20

Italia

Anche se ho origini italiane, non parlare o leggere l'italiano. Ho bisogno di correre a Google Translate o Bing Translate per farlo. Io conosco una o due parole in italiano, ma .... guadagnando comprensione nella risoluzione dei problemi può essere difficile anche quando la lingua madre è lo stesso per i due comunicanti. Quando le lingue native sono diverse, questo aggiunge una nuova sfida. Così, per il bene di entrambi, io continuerò in inglese

.Il pulsante Tradurre non funziona qui se mescolo italiano e inglese nello stesso posto. Quindi, continuerò in inglese nel prossimo post. In questo modo si sarà in grado di leggere ciò che è in questo post, senza il pulsante Traduci.

Per favore fatemi sapere come Google Translate fatto con quello che ho scritto in inglese e tradotto in italiano.

Non mollare. Lavoreremo per risolvere questo problema.

ATR

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7783861#7783861 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7783861#7783861

• 10. Re: Adobe premiere Elements 11 asynchronism audio video
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Italy

Thank you for your reply. We will be watching for your progress as your schedule permits.

I think that the troubleshooting with the free HandBrake program will give you the best answers to decide what needs to be done.

We are ready to help you whenever you need help with Premiere Elements workflow.

Best wishes

ATR