• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

please let me know why I cannot download Flashplayer as it is running scripts on page..I just purchased acrobat dc on 7/10. Thank you.

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please let me know why I cannot download Flashplayer as it is running scripts on page..I just purchased acrobat dc on 7/10.  Thank you.@@

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Hi dmrmultimedias,

I'm assuming you're referring to the script error using the online installer.  If so, the DPI setting has been identified as the culprit.  If the DPI setting is not set to 100%, 125%, 150%, or 200% the installer will return the script error.  If your DPI setting is set to something else, please set it to one of these and the online installer should work.  The team is working on a fix for this.

To check/modify the DPI setting:

1. Launch Control Panel and navigate to Control Panel\

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dmrmultimedias,

I'm assuming you're referring to the script error using the online installer.  If so, the DPI setting has been identified as the culprit.  If the DPI setting is not set to 100%, 125%, 150%, or 200% the installer will return the script error.  If your DPI setting is set to something else, please set it to one of these and the online installer should work.  The team is working on a fix for this.

To check/modify the DPI setting:

1. Launch Control Panel and navigate to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display

2. In the left menu, select Set custom text size (DPI)

3. In the Custom DPI Setting windows select 100%, 125%, 150%, or 200% from the drop down menu

4. Select OK

5. Select Apply

6. Log off/on

7. Online installer should now work without displaying the script error.

This is scheduled to be fixed within the next two (2) weeks.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2015 Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello M Vargas,

This worked but now I keep on getting freezing errors with the flashplayer and have to end the process in Task Manager.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Best,

Dina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dina,

Can you please post a screenshot (see How to post a screenshot in the forum) of the screen on which you got the freezing error?

Can you also share 2 log files saved at C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs using the instructions here (see How to share a document. )

For Quick help please install Flash player through offline installer. Click on the following Adobe link. Go down to the bottom of the page where it says, "Still having problems?"

Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

Thanks

Deepankar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dmrmultimedias,

When you say "getting freezing errors with the flashplayer" are you referring to freezing errors during playback?  If so this is a new issue.  Please start a new discussion thread at Using Flash Player‌ and provide the information requested here Read Before Posting: How To Get A Useful Answer To Your Question  If it is during installation, please provide the information requested by DeepankarM.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Maria,

I mean freezing when the flashplayer is in the task manager under Background processes.  I notice when I end the task then I can click cursor vs using tabs and arrow keys to function around the site.  It mostly happens with yahoo.com and aol.com when they need to use flash player. Also, the below shows up in firefox and I have the latest Acrobat reader so that's why I have to disable these below is that ok to do?  Please advise.  Thank you.  Best, DinaAdobe.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a strange combination you have here; what are your installed versions of Acrobat Reader and Acrobat Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Yes, Acrobat Pro DC (15.006.30060) and Acrobat Reader DC (15.008.20082)...it seems when the Adobe Flash Player is in Aol and task manager freezes the whole computer and have to shut down.  I have Adobe Flash Player 18 NPAPI and Adobe Air and Adobe Shockwave Player 12.1 in control panel but then in Firefox add ons (18.0.0.209).  I use Firefox always.

Thank you.

Best,

Dina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi dmrmultimedias

Flash Player is no longer supported on AOL.  You can try filing a bug (http://bugbase.adobe.com/‌) for the behaviour you're observing, but since it's not supported it most likely will not get looked at.

Do note that Firefox and AOL use two different player types.  Firefox uses NPAPI and AOL uses the ActiveX Control, but again it's no longer supported.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines