Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple audio langauge

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2015 Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi People,

How to develop multiple audio language in as3?

I have video that edited in FCP with english audio but that video contains 3 more language.

How can i change language audio in flash.

Am using netstream concept. My video is in m4v format.

Please help.

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adjust your play() method's argument to use the video with the desired language.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't indicated your target for playing the videos. Is it a website, app, desktop application, etc?

If it is getting the video content from a streaming server, you can choose alternate audio tracks from the same video using Flash Media Server 4 or later. Open Source Media Framework (OSMF Player) has support for that built-in as long as you have the server. Here's an old article with the relevant info:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/adobe-media-server/articles/attaching-alternate-audio.html

And OSMF's guide:

Open Source Media Framework Developer’s Guide * Supporting alternate audio tracks in HTTP Streaming ...

If it is a local media setup (kiosk, off a CD/DVD/BR, etc) then for ease, disk space is pretty cheap, so do as Kglad said and separate them into different video files. You should just embed the alternate audio streams in different video files rather than trying to using a separate audio and video file in sync. If you're doing it for a lot of languages, it's not ideal, but there's not much room here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2015 Jul 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply,

Am developing for desktop application. DVD based training video. It contains three audio language.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should plan on video duplication with a single audio stream for each language, or, to chop the video into smaller segments timed to each VO segment while streaming each of them concurrently. Making a whole audio track for a long video will almost certainly eventually get frustratingly out of sync if people are talking on-screen. However you can eep by if lip sync is not necessary in a narrated context.

To my knowledge, Flash streaming servers are necessary for stream selection. It is a server-side bit of metadata that makes the client audio selection possible. I could be wrong on that detection in the latest versions however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines