14 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2016 9:42 AM by Willi Adelberger

InDesign CC 2015 crashes when selecting text frame after converting to outlines

d&r&designs

My InDesign CC has been crashing quite frequently, but it’s very random which file it happens to, but when it does it’s always the same.

I’m working in my file and I’ve converted my text to outlines.  When I come back into my document and set it from outlines back to text, the document appears to freeze- the text frame becomes un-clickable, ID crashes/stops working, when I try to re-open/do a file recovery-the file is corrupt, sometimes I’ll get a window that says invalid text frame, no matter what I click the file never opens.  And I’ve lost it for good- can’t run an automated .idml script on it. I've trashed my preferences, uninstalled/reinstalled CC. The only font in the document is Myriad Pro-- it doesn't appear to be corrupt itself, but other files have corrupted as well and do the same thing when other fonts are used (corisande). I don't have any additional font manager on my system. Others are not able to open the corrupted file on their machines either (I tried both within my company and I sent it to someone outside of the company just to see if it had anything to do with my company's network.)

latest crash report:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:                        APPCRASH

Application Name:                             InDesign.exe

Application Version:                           11.0.1.105

Application Timestamp:                     558af41f

Fault Module Name:                          FONT MANAGER.RPLN

Fault Module Version:                        11.0.1.105

Fault Module Timestamp:                  558af6b2

Exception Code:                                  c0000005

Exception Offset:                                000000000006d235

OS Version:                                          6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID:                                             1033

Additional Information 1:                  db28

Additional Information 2:                  db28f764107754b4869ce8e1add0a932

Additional Information 3:                  708b

Additional Information 4:                  708b4a9bcee36c1919eda0387e8bf41c

invalid frame.jpg

I'm on a PC, Windows 7, 64-Bit and am on CC 2.1.3.121.