11 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2016 10:37 PM by JerGuy2327abc Branched to a new discussion.

Complaint about Customer Service, they won't let me complain about customer service.

jd_vincent Level 1

I have had a string of rude, unhelpful, and otherwise maddening customer "service" experiences.  I'm enough of an Adobe fanboy that I want to help them fix it, but I've been thwarted by a classic Catch-22. As near as I can tell, the only way to lodge a complaint about the customer service department is through the customer service department -- and they refuse to help me make a complaint.

I do not mean they've been unhelpful, I mean I got the chat window equivalent of getting hung up on.  I said I want to complain about this rude supervisor I dealt with, and the response was that the same supervisor was assigned my case and that I'd hear back in 24 hours.  And then the session ended before I could respond.  I have a transcript.  

Has anyone cracked this code?  Is there a way talk to someone in authority? I've resigned to the reality that my actual issue will never be resolved. That -- having been driven to anger a number of times by the passive-aggressive and outright hostile agents -- my name is posted on a call center bulletin board as someone agents are instructed to jerk around.  (If I received a dollar for every response I've been promised that has not come, I'd be making money in a strange way.)  Preventing the mistreatment of others, and frankly just getting to vent to someone who ought to know about this nonsense has become important to me. 

Again, has anyone figured out a way to lodge a complaint without involving the self-protecting hive of whatever the opposite of worker bees is?

• 1. Re: Complaint about Customer Service, they won't let me complain about customer service.
          Sheena Kaul Adobe Employee

Hi John,

I apologise for the experience you had with the support.

Can you please provide me the case number for your interactions with the support?

Regards,

Sheena

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Complaint about Customer Service, they won't let me complain about customer service.
            jd_vincent Level 1

7/22/15     Case #0216044775: cc issue

Open - Pending Adobe Response

7/22/15     Case #0216035981: subscription refund

7/21/15     Case #0216040647: CC updates

7/20/15     Case #0216090567: Refund issue

Withdrawn

7/13/15     Case #0216038526: subscription refund

Withdrawn

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 10:29 AM, Sheena Kaul <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 3. Re: Complaint about Customer Service, they won't let me complain about customer service.

Thank you John!

Allow me sometime to look into the cases and the check for the resolutions pending.

I will update you over this thread.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Complaint about Customer Service, they won't let me complain about customer service.

John, I have escalated the matter to the technical team who will be reaching out to you and helping you fix this.

• 5. Re: Complaint about Customer Service, they won't let me complain about customer service.
                  jd_vincent Level 1

Closer.  I was called by an agent who said they needed to connect me with

sales.  Sales had no idea what was going on and transferred to a different

customer service agent who did not know anything.  Another 45 minutes.

Finally, I had to return to work.

• 6. Re: Complaint about Customer Service, they won't let me complain about customer service.
                    RichWhetton Level 1

I have just had a very similar experience. Please find the transcript below:

Musturi: Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.

Musturi: Hi Richard.

Richard Whetton: Hello

info: Your chat transcript will be sent to RICHWHETTON@HOTMAIL.COM at the end of your chat.

Musturi: I understand that you are trying to change your credit card information.

Richard Whetton: Yes

Musturi: Thank you for confirming.

Musturi: I will be glad to check on this. Please allow me 2-3 minutes while I look up your account information

Richard Whetton: Your file was successfully uploaded: screen shot.tiff.

Richard Whetton: I've added a screen shot of the error message.

Musturi: Thank you.

Musturi: Let me check this.

Musturi: Thank you for your patience.

Musturi: I checked and see that you have Creative Cloud membership (one-year) purchased on 23/04/2012 for the order#

Musturi: I will help you with the link to update the card details.

Musturi: Please click here to update the card details.

Musturi: Let me know once done.

Richard Whetton: Is that a different link from the one that has already failed multiple times

Musturi: Could you please provide me the link which you have tried to update?

Richard Whetton: It's a pop up from the main screen, screenshot attached.

Richard Whetton: Your file was successfully uploaded: Screenshot2.tiff.

Musturi: Thank you.

Richard Whetton: I have used the link you sent me, it allowed me to update card details but did not ask for the address, so my old address has not been updated.

Musturi: Mean while try to update the card details using the above link.

Richard Whetton: The bank that issues that card has the new address - which I was able to update on their website when I moved.

Musturi: okay.

Musturi: Are you able to update the card details now?

Richard Whetton: On which link?

Richard Whetton: The one I showed you still has the old card details despite using the link you sent me.

Musturi: Richard, please try to update the card details using the above link which I have provided.

Musturi: If you face any issue let me know.

Richard Whetton: Muster, please read what I have written. I'd also appreciate it if I could have your full attention, it seems you may be doing other things whilst trying to help me?

Richard Whetton: Sorry - Musturi. Auto correct changed your name.

Musturi: Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Musturi: Richard, just to confirm are you able to update your new address with out any issue?

Richard Whetton: Musturi, are you having trouble understanding what I have written? I have not been able to update the new address, and although submitting new details through the link you provided they do not seem to have taken.

Musturi: May I know the exact error message you are getting?

Richard Whetton: Musturi, would it be possible to pass me to a supervisor, I have been tied chatting to you for 25 minutes now. There are long gaps in response and it appears you are not understanding what I have writtem. We have made no progress in that 25 minutes.

Musturi: I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Musturi: Could you please try to update the card details using different browser?

Musturi: Richard, if you still get the same error message let me know.

Richard Whetton: OK but if that doesn't work please can you pass this call to someone else preferably a supervisor? I'll let you know if it works.

Musturi: Sure.

Musturi: Are you able to update the card details?

Richard Whetton: I tried in Firefox, (normaly use Safari). It doesn't work there either, please can you pass me onto someone else.

Musturi: Let me check what best I can do to resolve this issue.

Musturi: Richard, I will help you with the steps to change the credit card details from your account.

Richard Whetton: Musturi. You have been trying to do that for 35 minutes. You have either not been reading the feedback I have been giving or not able to understand it. Please pass me onto someone else.

Musturi: Please refer this link

Musturi: Richard, I understand your concern.

Musturi: Please try following the instructions under the link provided to update the card details from your account.

Musturi: If it doesn't work, Iet me know.

Richard Whetton: Musturi, I now wish to make a formal customer complaint regarding your service. How do I do that.

Musturi: I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Richard Whetton: My problem is not that I do not know how to change the details it's that the system will not accept my address as valid. I have sent two screen shots showing you where I am going in and the error message I am getting. Please pass me on to your supervisor or manager.

Musturi: I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you with this. Let me help you to update the credit card information from your ends.

Musturi: I understand that you were getting an error that the billing address is invalid.

Musturi: Please use R Whetton as your first and last name while entering the details.

Musturi: Once you enter the above first and last name, it will go through.

Richard Whetton: OK, R Whetton for both first and last names?

Musturi: You need to enter only first name as R Whetton.

Richard Whetton: OK I have tried several variations around that still get the same message. You have to populate both first and last names with something.

Richard Whetton: Are you the same person I have been communicating with throughout or has this passed to someone else?

Richard Whetton: Your file was successfully uploaded: Screenshot3.tiff.

Musturi: Let me check the screen shot.

Richard Whetton: I'm afraid Im running out of time, I need to leave here in 5 mins.

Richard Whetton: We are 50 mins in.

Musturi: Richard, I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Richard Whetton: Please stop repeating the same trite phrases.

Musturi: As you are unable to update your new card details, please cancel your existing order and place a new order.

Richard Whetton: How do I complain about this service?

Musturi: I am sorry.

Richard Whetton: Please answer the question.

Musturi: I am sorry we don't have information on this.

Musturi: Richard, If you wish to cancel, I will take care of that and help you with the link to place new order.

Richard Whetton: No thanks, I wouldn't trust you to do anything for me.

Musturi: You are welcome.

Musturi: Do you have further questions for me?

Richard Whetton: You have wasted an hour of my time, not responded when I have asked for the call to be escalated to someone else and been evasive when I have asked about the complaints procedure. I will find out how to make a complaint and make sure this transcript is sent to them.

• 7. Re: Complaint about Customer Service, they won't let me complain about customer service.
                      jd_vincent Level 1

A couple of years ago some vendors experimented with automated customer

service.  I wonder.  It would explain some of the answers here

• 8. Re: Complaint about Customer Service, they won't let me complain about customer service.
                        candace.aylor@gmail.com Level 1

This sounds exactly like my last hour.... I am about to explode!!  How do we get ahold of a human at Adobe?!?!?

• 9. Re: Complaint about Customer Service, they won't let me complain about customer service.
                          The Landman Level 1

* * * I AM EQUALLY PISSED OFF THAT THERE IS NO HUMAN BEING TO CONTACT AT ADOBE  * * *

THE CREATIVE CLOUD NO LONGER SHOWS MY APPS ON MY PERSONAL ACCOUNT NOR OUR BUSINESS /ENTERPRISE ACCOUNTS.

THE ADOBE ACROBAT DC TOOL SUCKS, SLOW, CUMBERSOME, TAKES 5 MOUSE CLICKS TO DO ANYTHING INSTEAD OF THE OLD MANNER WHERE WE COULD CREATE A CUSTOM SET OF TOOLS TO COMMENT, ETC. -- IT LOOKS LIKE ITS ALL INTERNATIONAL SYMBOLS NOW -- NOTHING AND I MEAN NOTHING IS USER FRIENDLY OR INTUITIVE AND I AM PISSED OFF 1,000,000,000,000,000 TIMES OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

I HAVE USERS WHO ARE SCREAMING AT ME CUZ NO WORK CAN BE DONE IN OUR LAND LEGAL FIRM.

WE SIMPLY WANT TO RETURN TO ADOBE ACROBAT PRO XI AND QUIT F*CKING WITH THIS PIECE OF SH*T ACROBAT CD CRAP!

AND I AM SOON GOING TO BE CLOSING MY ENTERPRISE ACCOUNT WITH THEM AND THEY CAN BURN IN HELL...

THIS IS ********!

• 10. Re: Complaint about Customer Service, they won't let me complain about customer service.
                            Spinach1 Level 1

I am so glad I have not been alone .... it seems that many of us have had frustrating experiences with *cough* *barf* customer support.  Here is my 2 hr round-and-round the maze with support -- all I wanted to do was cancel a subscribtion.   It is long but VERY telling:

Late yesterday I ordered an annual subscription to Acrobat Pro DC - I decided I did not need this program after all - the fine print in my welcome email states::

" If you cancel within 14 days of your order, you'll be fully refunded. Should you cancel after 14 days, you'll be charged 50% of your remaining contract obligation and your service will continue until the end of that month's billing period. Cancellations can be made any time by visiting your Manage Account page or by contacting Customer Support.". 

I have not had this Pro DC for a full 24 hrs - so I followed the directions in the fine print - FIRST I visited my Manage Account page & under the Plans and Products tap I clicked on "Manage Plan" - under Plan Details tap I clicked "Cancel Plan"  and a banner appeared with these instructions:  "To cancel, please contact Customer Support."

REALLY??  Well this is contradictory to the previous instructions on cancelling the Pro DC plan -

"Cancellations can be made any time by visiting your Manage Account page.        OR       

by contacting Customer Support."

When you provide 2 options that are separated by the word "OR" it indicates a person can chose either option but in this case if I want to cancel my Pro DC sub I MUST contact Customer Support.  So my first question is:  Why tell me that I can easily cancel my sub by visiting my Manage Account Page only to be told that I MUST contact Customer Support?  Why not just tell me that right off the bat?.

And here is where the real fun begins - contacting Customer Support - and your words make it sound so simple - NOT EVEN CLOSE.

The 2 words "Customer Support" appear in blue to I click on that link and a page appears that asks:

"Need help? Start here to get support.

First, we need a few details."

REALLY??  All I need is the email address to Customer Support -- but you won't give it to me -- nope -- you want me to work for it by playing your silly games of Chutes and Ladders -- FINE so on the first page I picked the option that best matched my topic: "Acrobat" --- another page appeared and asked:

"Tell us what you need help with.." -- Again I picked the option that best matched my needs: "Membership, Account and Payment" -- And another page appeared with these instructions: 

"Try these first

Online order and payment FAQ

Cancel your membership or subscription:  Creative Cloud  | Document Cloud services

Adobe ID, sign in, and account help"

It is important to note that the second option (which is exactly what I wanted to do) appears in a gray letters while options 1 & 3 indicate they are hyper links by their blue shading.  Because option 2 (which is exactly what I wanted in the first place!!!!!) does NOT have blue coloring but instead appears in standard gray font - indicating NO hyper link AND voiding that option - so what I wanted to do (CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION) so far I have NOT been able to do -- OK fine I'll play your stupid game of Find-Your-Way-Through-The-Maze.  There is button that asks:  "Still Need Help?  Contact Us" --  Thinking ...... finally, I must be at the end of the maze ..... with great anticipation I click the blue button to Contact Us and .................. 3 Contact Options appear and gee...... what a surprise .......an email address for support isn't one of those options......

(PERSONALLY, I BELIEVE THAT WHEN A COMPANY MAKES IT THIS DIFFICULT TO OBTAIN AN EMAIL ADDRESS FOR SUPPORT PERSONAL IT SPEAKS VOLUMES ABOUT THE COMPANY'S PRIORITIES  AND ..........when a business support section begins to force their customers to work through a labyrinth of Q & A's and at the end never does reveal a contact address that is VERY telling about the business ..... it tells me that you really don't care about what sort of problems or issues your customers are having - if you did then I would not have to work so DANG hard to simply contact support -- when you no longer provide the email address for support section that tells me your priorities have shifted and you just don't have time to deal with the little people --- you have separated yourselves from the very people that helped you get to be so successful - it gives the appearance of you putting on airs and looking down on your customers because ... well .... you have more important things to do ... IF THIS WERE NOT SO THEN why make it so hard to simply "Contact Support"?  And that is just my never-to-be-humble opinion.)

So instead of an email address I have some "Contact Options" and the top one is to open a chat - says it open 24/7 - AWESOME - so I click on "Chat" and a red box appears that asks me "Provide a short summary of your issue."--- That's easy so I typed in "I want to cancel my Acrobat Pro DC subscription." -- that is short and sweet and to the point - I tapped on the bar labeled "Start Chat" and .......NOTHING .......no response ....... and I notice that the "Send Message" bar has grayed out, so that has become useless now - I also notice the "close chat" words appear but ..... there's no one there to chat with .... well so much for your statement: "We're here 24 hrs a day 7 days a week" ...... so now what .... BACK TO THE BEGINNING AGAIN.  I start looking all over the website for a way to simple CONTACT SUPPORT .... NOPE nothing there so ... what else can I do but .......

(I REPEATED THE ABOVE STEPS - SURE DID)

The 2 words "Customer Support" appear in blue to I click on that link and a page appears that asks:

REALLY??  All I need is the email address to Customer Support -- but you won't give it to me -- nope -- you want me to work for it by playing your silly games of Chutes and Ladders -- FINE so on the first page I picked the option that best matched my topic: "Acrobat" --- another page appeared and asked:

"Tell us what you need help with.." -- Again I picked the option that best matched my needs: "Membership, Account and Payment" -- And another page appeared with these instructions: 

"Try these first

Cancel your membership or subscription:  Creative Cloud  |  Document Cloud services

It is important to note that the second option (which is exactly what I wanted to do) appears in a gray letters while options 1 & 3 indicate they are hyper links by their blue shading.  Because option 2 (which is exactly what I wanted in the first place!!!!!) does NOT have blue coloring but instead appears in standard gray font - indicating NO hyper link AND voiding that option - so what I wanted to do (CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION) so far I have NOT been able to do -- OK fine I'll play your stupid game of Find-Your-Way-Through-The-Maze.  There is button that asks:  "Still Need Help?  Contact Us" --  Thinking ...... finally, I must be at the end of the maze ..... with great anticipation I click the blue button to Contact Us and .................. 3 Contact Options appear and gee...... what a surprise .......an email address for support isn't one of those options...... (PERSONALLY, I BELIEVE THAT WHEN A COMPANY MAKES IT THIS DIFFICULT TO OBTAIN AN EMAIL ADDRESS FOR SUPPORT PERSONAL IT SPEAKS VOLUMES ABOUT THE COMPANY'S PRIORITIES  AND ..........when a business support section begins to force their customers to work through a labyrinth of Q & A's and at the end never does reveal a contact address that is VERY telling about the business ..... it tells me that you really don't care about what sort of problems or issues your customers are having - if you did then I would not have to work so DANG hard to simply contact support -- when you no longer provide the email address for support section that tells me your priorities have shifted and you just don't have time to deal with the little people --- you have separated yourselves from the very people that helped you get to be so successful - it gives the appearance of you putting on airs and looking down on your customers because ... well .... you have more important things to do ... IF THIS WERE NOT SO THEN why make it so hard to simply "Contact Support"?  And that is just my never-to-be-humble opinion.)

So instead of an email address I have some "Contact Options" and the top one is to open a chat - says it open 24/7 - AWESOME - so I click on "Chat" and a red box appears that asks me "Provide a short summary of your issue."--- That's easy so I typed in "I want to cancel my Acrobat Pro DC subscription." -- that is short and sweet and to the point - I tapped on the bar labeled "Start Chat" and .......NOTHING .......no response ....... and I notice that the "Send Message" bar has grayed out, so that has become useless now - I also notice the "close chat" words appear but ..... there's no one there to chat with .... well so much for your statement: "We're here 24 hrs a day 7 days a week" ...... so now what .... BACK TO THE BEGINNING AGAIN.  I start looking all over the website for a way to simple CONTACT SUPPORT .... NOPE nothing there so ... what else can I do but .......

Yea, you guessed it --- I REPEATED THOSE SAME STEPS A G A I N!!

"Try these first

Cancel your membership or subscription:  Creative Cloud  | Document Cloud services

It is important to note that the second option (which is exactly what I wanted to do) appears in a gray letters while options 1 & 3 indicate they are hyper links by their blue shading.  Because option 2 (which is exactly what I wanted in the first place!!!!!) does NOT have blue coloring but instead appears in standard gray font - indicating NO hyper link AND voiding that option - so what I wanted to do (CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION) so far I have NOT been able to do -- OK fine I'll play your stupid game of Find-Your-Way-Through-The-Maze.  There is button that asks:  "Still Need Help?  Contact Us" --  Thinking ...... finally, I must be at the end of the maze ..... with great anticipation I click the blue button to Contact Us and .................. 3 Contact Options appear and gee...... what a surprise .......an email address for support isn't one of those options...... (PERSONALLY, I BELIEVE THAT WHEN A COMPANY MAKES IT THIS DIFFICULT TO OBTAIN AN EMAIL ADDRESS FOR SUPPORT PERSONAL IT SPEAKS VOLUMES ABOUT THE COMPANY'S PRIORITIES  AND ..........when a business support section begins to force their customers to work through a labyrinth of Q & A's and at the end never does reveal a contact address that is VERY telling about the business ..... it tells me that you really don't care about what sort of problems or issues your customers are having - if you did then I would not have to work so DANG hard to simply contact support -- when you no longer provide the email address for support section that tells me your priorities have shifted and you just don't have time to deal with the little people --- you have separated yourselves from the very people that helped you get to be so successful - it gives the appearance of you putting on airs and looking down on your customers because ... well .... you have more important things to do ... IF THIS WERE NOT SO THEN why make it so hard to simply "Contact Support"?  And that is just my never-to-be-humble opinion.)

So instead of an email address I have some "Contact Options" and the top one is to open a chat - says it open 24/7 - AWESOME - so I click on "Chat" and a red box appears that asks me "Provide a short summary of your issue."--- That's easy so I typed in "I want to cancel my Acrobat Pro DC subscription." -- that is short and sweet and to the point - I tapped on the bar labeled "Start Chat" and .......

OMG I finally get a response --- it only took 3 trips around your labyrinth ........ gee it only took just over 2 hours to simply CONTACT SUPPORT .........now you think about that .... you think long and hard about exactly how you would deal with this situation........ how frustrated and angry and ..... boy oh boy having this experience just makes a person REALLY REALLY desire to do business with a company like again ...... you betcha ..... after this experience I can't wait to tell my friends and shout it from the roof tops how eager I am ... just cant' wait to do business with your company again ......NOT!!!!   Just exactly how fast would you turn around and walk the other way after going through what I went through these last 2 hours and all I wanted to to was CONTACT SUPPORT --- over 2 hours and mindless clicking and frustrating maze of .... NOTHING .... it's going to be a long long TIME before I chose Adobe biz again, but then again it is apparent to me that Adobe just doesn't give a darn about customer problems & helping their customer resolve issues --

You better believe I have copied this dialogue -- oh yea, it will be posted and reposted and posted again on all forms of social media.  My request was simple but it took me over 2 hours to CONTACT SUPPORT - that is just SAD.

• 11. Re: Complaint about Customer Service, they won't let me complain about customer service.
                              JerGuy2327abc Level 1

I didn't have any experience with Adobe Agents until just a few minutes ago and it's strangely cathartic that you went through a similar albeit much worse experience than me. My agent just told me they didn't care and closed the chat window and magically I never received my transcript (despite checking the box and seeing the confirmation saying I would).

I had the same feeling as you that when they became rude and I got rude back that I was going to go on a "don't help this person" list. Is this how you want your customers to feel Adobe?

Anyway after searching the forum and seeing the massive amount of terrible agent encounters at least I can take solace that it wasn't bad luck, it's just their service program.  I'm an Adobe fanboy and love all their products but this experience has left me totally uncomfortable especially since this isn't the cheapest monthly subscription.

Adobe, please either hold your service programs to a higher standard or make a complaint desk so people can report rude agents instead of feeling helpless. When a company like godaddy has customer service that is miles above yours, you know there is room for improvement.

Thanks for all your wonderful programs, I think I will stick to just interacting with the software from now on...