5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2015 12:41 PM by A.T. Romano

Difficulty with text

ubby44

I am having trouble trying to insert text, every time i try it says that it is not working, help

DD

• 1. Re: Difficulty with text
          A.T. Romano Level 7

ubby44

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

Please go into greater detail of what you are doing and want to do.

Where do you want to insert the text?

Are you in the Premiere Elements Titler workspace?

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/creating-trimming-titles.html

Please supply details, and we will customize a reply to resolve your issue.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Difficulty with text
            ubby44 Level 1

Hello,        Windows 7, and Adobe Premiere Elements 7.When i try to add text i click on the T icon and a window appears saying Adobe has stopped working as there is a problem. Never had a bit of bother before.DD

• 3. Re: Difficulty with text
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Are you sure you're not using Photoshop Elements? There really is no "T" button in Premiere Elements?

• 4. Re: Difficulty with text
                ubby44 Level 1

i am using Adobe Premiere Elements 7, and in the right bottom corner of the place where you place your photos to make a movie there is three symbols First is a pair of scissors, then a T, then a camera.DD

• 5. Re: Difficulty with text
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

ubby44

I fully understand your question from the onset, and there is a "T" button in the workspace of Premiere Elements 7. I still have that version installed on my computer. In fact, the "T" access for Titles in the Titler can be seen for titles in versions 8.0/8.0.1, 9.0/9.0.1, and 10.

Thank you for the additional information requested in post 1.

1. Is your video card/graphics card driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

2. If you open a new project, do you still have problem creating your title when you use the T to gain access to the Titler? Do you have success if you use instead the Title Menu/New Title/Default Still? Or, do you get the same crash result?

3. When you go to do the titles, what else is on the Timeline? Is the project large at that time?

4. When did this problem set in? What was the last thing that you remember doing in the program before the problem appeared?

The answers to the above should start us on the troubleshooting path.

But, for starter while we await more details, please delete the Premiere Elements 7 Editor settings file. It is found in Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit in the path

Local Disk C

Users

Owners

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and, in the 7.0 Folder, is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then you delete the whole 7.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, or Drives enabled so that you can see the complete path given.

Please do not hesitate to ask if any questions or need clarification on the above.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...reopened the post to insert then missing "Roaming" in the path.