10 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2015 10:49 AM by A.T. Romano

audiotrack

theol86424451

If I import a clip from my mobile telephone (mp4), there's no audio in the project. Also the quality of the video is quite poor.

• 1. Re: audiotrack
          Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What is the codec?

What phone?

• 2. Re: audiotrack
            A.T. Romano Level 7

theol

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

Please take your cell phone video into the free HandBrake program to get the H.264.mp4 version which needs to have a constant rather than a variable frame rate.

https://handbrake.fr/

Be sure that under the HandBrake Video Tab you have set your frame rate (do not use same as source) and have a dot next to Constant for the frame rate.

Any questions about the use of HandBrake in this issue, please do not hesitate to ask.

Basically, cell phone video is recorded with a variable frame rate. Premiere Elements does not work well with such video. The symptoms range from audio out of sync to not being able to import the video at all. And, in some cases, there are no problems at all.

Please view and consider and supply more details. If questions, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On....we may need to mix into all this the factor of correct project preset that matches the properties of the source file...coming next if necessary.

• 3. Re: audiotrack
              theol86424451 Level 1

Sorry, I have to be more specific.

The download to the computer is ok (video good, audio ok). But importing the clip into the Adobe-project causes the problem. Then the audio disappears.

My mobile Phone is a Samsung Galaxy; the codec is AVCHD (.MTS)

• 4. Re: audiotrack
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Which version of the program are you using?

Have you ensured you have latest version of Quicktime, per the program's requirements?

When you add the video to your project, do you give the program time to conform the file before you start editing it? (Conform progress will be shown in the lower right of the program.)

• 5. Re: audiotrack
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

theol

Thanks for the reply with additional information. But, please let us know the version of Premiere Elements and computer involved as requested in post numbered 2.

Are you saying that your video is coming from your cell phone Samsung Galaxy and that is it described as an AVCHD.mts file? Which Samsung Galaxy?

These cell phones record with a variable frame rate which creates problems in Premiere Elements that you will not see or hear on some other programs.

Consequently, I would encourage you to put your video through HandBrake to get the H.264.mp4 with constant frame rate. Please refer to my post 2 for fuller details.

Note: I looked at the video specifications for Samsung Galaxy 5...your video compression could be AVCHD as posted, but I do not see a option of .mts. Please let us know if you are sure about AVCHD.mts and also include the audio codec/format...Samsung GALAXY S5

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: audiotrack
                    User667

I have tried using a .wav file and get the same problem - no sound. Not a satisfactory result from a program that seems able to import the file wqith no error messages!

I do not want to run every file through another program to make it work with Elements when the program should b e able to support the major file formats. If adobe cannot get this right they should hold their hands up and admit. Perhaps something on their advertising blurb would be appropriate then customers could choose a product that actually works with major file formats!

• 7. Re: audiotrack
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

user667

Problems with the same symptoms can (often do) have difference causes. We are still in the process of sorting out theol's details to get at the core of theol's issue. At this time, all suggested steps are for troubleshooting purposes.

If you want help with your .wav issue, please start your own new thread, providing details if you want help.

Again, this is not Adobe. Rather user to user. Visitors like yourself. And, again, the frequency of Adobe presence in this forum is not defined. Consequently, if you have problems with how and why Adobe does things, then you need to contact Adobe via its online chat or online given Customer Service telephone number.

If your schedule permits and you want help here user to user, we would be glad for the opportunity to try to help you. But, details are going to be required so as to take nothing for granted.

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 8. Re: audiotrack
                        User667 Level 1

The one thingI am taking for granted is thatthis product is not living up

to expectations. Do not email me again.

• 9. Re: audiotrack
                          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Note that you have elected to receive e-mails when people respond to your post. You must turn off the e-mail option in order to stop receiving e-mails.

• 10. Re: audiotrack
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

user67

Some of this may be a repeat from SG post, but it is important enough for me to respond to your

Do not email me again.

I do not email you, I respond to posts submitted to Adobe Premiere Elements Forum (a public forum) in the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum, presumed from users needing help with their Premiere Elements workflows. You will continue to get what you are taking for granted as emails directly from me (or others) by turning off your forum email notification preference. That does not stop others from responding to your question/post content in the forum. You just will not be notified by the system (not me) that someone has responded in that thread to your post or others in it.

Just to be sure you know how to turn off your email notifications if you do not want your email Inbox cluttered up with these notifications, please refer to the to top of the forum web page and the following

Preferences.JPG

I get the same email notifications and the same clutter in my email Inbox.

All this does is force you back to your web browser to get to the forum to see if anyone has replied or noticed your thread or post.

You appear to need Premiere Elements help. You do not want it. So be it. If you change your mind, please post a new thread with details of the problem.

ATR