1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 25, 2015 8:03 AM by Peter Villevoye

When a file in Adobe Edge Animate is saved, many file types appear in my folder, what do these all mean and what are their purpose?

Corropolese1900

I saved my An file into my folder, then in my folder appears these file types: An, html, edgeActions,js and edge.js. What are the purpose of all these files? What do I use them for?

• 1. Re: When a file in Adobe Edge Animate is saved, many file types appear in my folder, what do these all mean and what are their purpose?
          Peter Villevoye Adobe Community Professional

Edge Animate doesn't create a real "native" file, which holds all the necessary stuff inside of it. In fact, it already exports all necessary elements for the project to work as a complete html construction ! Just open the filename.html file and you'll see how it's already working in a browser. The filename.an file is actually just an auxiliary file, which is being used to store some preferences and open the project from within Animate, loading in all these associated files and subfolders again.

There's probably a folder called "images", containing the images you used in the animation, and there are some .js files, JavaScripts, to facilitate and ensure certain functionalities on current and especially older browsers. In older versions of Animate, you'd probably see jQuery files, which is the name of a popular cluster of JavaScripts.

To prevent clutter, the newer version of Animate prompts to freshly save all these separate stuff nicely in a folder.

If you Publish your project as a Web export, you can easily see almost exactly the same files in that folder...