2 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2006 11:55 PM by Trueman34

Need an image transition extension?

Trueman34 Level 1
      Hello I want to create an image transition effect on a web page that starts at one image and fades to another image after a set time. I need this to repeat through a series of images and then start over again once finished.

I tried to setup Flevoowares Trans slide show but couldnt get it to work. In particular there are instructions as follows....

Initialise the slide show:

* insert the first slide image (= the base image) into the document as a regular image;
      * give the IMG tag for that first slide image an unique name;

I do this however when I then open up the properties of the slideshow to add other images it shows my base image as being another smaller image within my page. (It actually lists my navigation buttons as options for the base image when in fact my base image is a picture above that.)

Any ideas on how to fix this? Or alternatively can someone suggest another option to do this? I was thinking of maybe creating a flash animation with fading images instead.
        • 1. Re: Need an image transition extension?
          Level 7
          You could do this in Flash .. one option definitely.
          You might also want to have a look at the Project VII Image Gallery ..
          several transitions available.

http://www.projectseven.com/products/galleries/hgmagic/features.htm

--
          Nancy Gill
          Adobe Community Expert
          BLOG: http://www.dmxwishes.com/blog.asp
          Author: Dreamweaver 8 e-book for the DMX Zone
          Co-Author: Dreamweaver MX: Instant Troubleshooter (August, 2003)
          Technical Editor: DMX 2004: The Complete Reference, DMX 2004: A Beginner's
          Guide, Mastering Macromedia Contribute
          Technical Reviewer: Dynamic Dreamweaver MX/DMX: Advanced PHP Web Development

"Trueman34" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:e498k8$4pl$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hello I want to create an image transition effect on a web page that
          > starts at
          > one image and fades to another image after a set time. I need this to
          > repeat
          > through a series of images and then start over again once finished.
          >
          > I tried to setup Flevoowares Trans slide show but couldnt get it to work.
          > In
          > particular there are instructions as follows....
          >
          > Initialise the slide show:
          >
          > * insert the first slide image (= the base image) into the document as
          > a
          > regular image;
          > * give the IMG tag for that first slide image an unique name;
          >
          > I do this however when I then open up the properties of the slideshow to
          > add
          > other images it shows my base image as being another smaller image within
          > my
          > page. (It actually lists my navigation buttons as options for the base
          > image
          > when in fact my base image is a picture above that.)
          >
          > Any ideas on how to fix this? Or alternatively can someone suggest another
          > option to do this? I was thinking of maybe creating a flash animation with
          > fading images instead.
          >

• 2. Re: Need an image transition extension?
            Trueman34 Level 1
            Great thanks Nancy, I will take a look.