9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2015 12:56 PM by A.T. Romano

transcoding error

kjetiltofte Level 1

I get message of Transcoding Error when trying to export my finished profject.

• 1. Re: transcoding error
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Which version of the program are you using on which operating system?

What model of camcorder is your source video coming from and what format and resolution is it?

If you're using photos in your project, have you ensured that the photos are no larger than 2000x1500 (72 ppi) pixels in size?

How long is your movie?

What are you project settings (listed under the Edit menu)?

Which Publish & Share setting are you trying to output?

• 2. Re: transcoding error
            kjetiltofte Level 1

Thanks.

- Premiere Elements 11. Windows 7.

-My project contains about six AVI Movie files 720 x 576 and 760 x 480 (which all is converted using PRE.

-and one still picture which is 1150x950 72ppi.

-The length is about 25 minutes

-Project settings:

Editing mode: DV NTSC

29,97 frames/second

Video: 720x480

-I tried exporting to Web DVD and playback on computer. Both get "Transcoding Error" about 15 % in the action of "Encoding Media 2of9"

• 3. Re: transcoding error
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What do you mean by "about six AVI Movie files 720 x 576 and 760 x 480 (which all is converted using PRE."?

What model of camcorder did this video come from and what format and resolution is it? And how did you "convert" it?

Are you saying that you're combining NTSC and PAL DV footage in the same project?!

• 4. Re: transcoding error
                kjetiltofte Level 1

The movie has been made over some years, and I admit I do not have control over what has been done. Today I just need to get this movie out in a format that works outside PRE.

There has been used to different cameras and I don't know exactly models. But the main camera is about ten years old Sony handy cam.

It contains now of seven AVI files, which kind of represents different chapters made earlier. I know today this is not a good way of working. The video files where originally VOB and has been edited and saved as AVI in PRE. I see now that there are to different sizes on this files (720 x 576 and 760 x 480)

If you think I combine both NTSC and PAL in this project, I very might do so, but not intentionally.

Thanks alot for your time and knowlegde.

• 5. Re: transcoding error
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

kjetiltofte

Just contributing a brief note into the discussion in progress and then I will go back to viewing the discussion in progress.

Yesterday I saw your thread and did what I thought you described in post 2, using Premiere Elements 11 on Window 7 64 bit. Files were PAL DV AVI 4:3 and NTSC DV AVI 4:3 and jpeg photo sized to 1150 x 950 pixels in Photoshop Elements.

The Timeline content as described went to successful (no transcoding or other errors) burn to DVD-VIDEO standard on DVD disc.

Project preset was NTSC DV Standard. Export preset was NTSC Dolby DVD.

ATR

• 6. Re: transcoding error
                    kjetiltofte Level 1

Thanks.

In the timeline, some of the files are marked with a yellow line (indicating not rendered?, even after rendering the whole project).

• 7. Re: transcoding error
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

kjetiltofte

Thanks for the follow up to my note. When appropriate in the flow of the discussion in progress, I would like to see a closer look at the Timeline content structure, especially those areas which you say cannot be Timeline rendered (according to the render line indicator system).

ATR

• 8. Re: transcoding error
                        kjetiltofte Level 1

Please feel free to take a look whenever you want.

• 9. Re: transcoding error
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

kjetiltofte

As your schedule permits, could you post a high enough resolution screenshot to view all the Timeline content in opened tracks.

If neededThe specified item was not found.

Please expand the Timeline with the -+ slider above the Timeline. Open all tracks - used or thought to be free of content.

And, please press the End key of the computer keyboard to assure that the Timeline Indicator stops at the end of the last item on the Timeline.

If you cannot get all 25 minutes represented in one screenshot, maybe focus on the portion related to

In the timeline, some of the files are marked with a yellow line (indicating not rendered?, even after rendering the whole project).

Thanks.

ATR

Add On....Please remind me what is the specific export that is generating the transcoding error message - Publish+Share/Computer/ or Publish+Share/Disc?