1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 28, 2006 1:15 AM by Peter Grainge

Editing Topics in Work

I am working on a project with individuals that are not so technically savvy, so I had them creates documents using Word. This is my first time using RoboHelp, I typically build a web site from scratch. I saw that RoboHelp would retain style formatting, so I did not think there would be an issue. However, when using Word 2003 as my text editor, the changes I make in the Word Document are not retained or are changed. Specifically, font colors, types and lists are not retained. I attempted to change the style sheet, but that did not give me the results I need. Why can't RoboHelp just take a cut and paste from Word without "garbling" the information?
        • 1. Re: Editing Topics in Work
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
          Welcome to the forum.

This is a common complaint but it is one not restricted to RoboHelp. There are many HTML editors that loose the formatting when you paste something from Word or other applications.

If you have Dreamweaver 8 (or perhaps earlier versions) then you can paste into that and then lift the code from there and paste it into RoboHelp's true code view. If you don't have Dreamweaver, you could try NVU which is free and will do the same thing.

Be careful with tables though as RoboHelp's WYSIWYG editor writes the tables in a different way in the source files.