3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2015 3:46 PM by Ashton T

Lightroom 6

Ashton T

when importing to Lightroom 6,  images on the import screen are in random order from the order they were shot, how do I get them to be in chronological order?

• 1. Re: Lightroom 6
          Ian Lyons MVP & Adobe Community Professional

You'll find the 'Sort Order' drop down menu on the Toolbar (see screenshot). Tap on the 'T key if the toolbar isn't visible. Also, you have to activate the 'Sort Order' menu from the downward pointing triangle at far right of toolbar.

Untitled-1.png

• 2. Re: Lightroom 6
            Ashton T Level 1

Thank you for your response, but I'm still not understanding everything. The Sort Order drop down menu is located on which module?

Here is my workflow:

I am loading my CF card with a card reader, opening LR/Library and clicking import. I have for several years used the "copy as dng" and then download the card contents into an appropriate folder. In this Import window, my images are scattered randomly - which makes very difficult to place the first 30 I shot in to one folder and then the next 40 in to another folder. I don't see a toolbar in the import window - tapping T doesn't do anything that I can see.

Please excuse my not understanding but I have been doing this for years with no problems until I bought the new LR6 stand alone - also a new camera - 5Ds-r - but I don't think that has anything to do with this. Since installing LR6 all my imports are randomly scattered on the import page.

I hope this presents my problem better. Again thanks for your help.

• 3. Re: Lightroom 6
              Ashton T Level 1

I got it. I can not believe I didn't see the sort menu on the bottom of the import window.

Also, I finally figured out what you were showing me. Thank you and sorry for my denseness in this matter. I appreciate your time and energy to this matter.