10 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2015 10:12 AM by The Guy with the Problem

Supported Nikon Lens Not in In Pull-Down for Lens Corrections

The Guy with the Problem

I have (several hundred) photos taken on a AF-S DX VR Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED lens on my D7100 body.  When I load the images in Lightroom and attempt to locate the lens in the pull-down menu for Lens Corrections, it does not appear.  I've confirmed the EXIF data is correct (using Jeffrey Friedl's tool) and that it is on the supported lens list I found on Adobe's site here.  If I'm reading that (rather clumsy) chart correctly, the lens has been supported since version 3.6 (unless perhaps that lens on the list is an earlier model that was neither DX nor VR).  Any assistance would be appreciated.

Mac OS 10.10.4, Lightroom 5.7.

One thing I forgot to mention which could quite very likely be the foundation of the problem is that these shots were from before I started shooting in NEF (that is, they are JPG) and I (think) I understand that some lenses have support for RAW & JPG and some only support RAW.  If this is the case, is there anyway to know if this is one of the ones that does or does not support JPG?

Thanks in advance!

EXIF Data Sample (and now that I mention it, that color encoding message is alarming, even if it doesn't mean anything):

Camera:Nikon D7100
      Lens:AF-S DX VR Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED
      Shot at 170 mm
      Exposure:Auto exposure, Not Defined, 1/500 sec, f/5.6, ISO 360
      Flash:Off, Did not fire
      Focus:Manual, at 1.9m, with a depth of field of about 3.7cm, centered on the focus point
      AF Area Mode: Single Area
      Date:April 20, 2015   9:01:52PM  (timezone not specified)
      (3 months, 3 days, 3 hours, 52 minutes, 25 seconds ago, assuming image timezone of 6 hours behind GMT)
      Time Zone Offset:-06:00
      File:6,000 × 4,000 JPEG (24.0 megapixels)  
      12,915,646 bytes (12.3 megabytes)
      Color Encoding:

WARNING: Color space tagged as sRGB, without an embedded color profile. Windows and Mac browsers and apps treat the colors randomly.

Images for the web are most widely viewable when in the sRGB color space and with an embedded color profile. See my Introduction to Digital-Image Color Spaces for more information.