I think we will be needing a wee bit more information in order to provide a meaningful suggestion.
What would be helpful is if you could reply and tell us the exact steps you are following and where things appear to be failing.
Thanks for the response.
So here are the steps:
1. Import Word document into a new project on Robohelp
2. In the Content Settings popup check all three boxes (Content, Index, Glossary)
3. Import Completes
4. File>Generate>Primary Layout(WebHelp)
5. Push the Save and Generate button
6. In the Project Set-Up box Context-Sensitive Help>Map Files, double click All Map ID's
7. In the right hand box under Topic I can view a drop-down list containing folder options, beneath that I see the files I have just generated.
My problem is that the names of the files do not match the topic and sub-topic names in the table of contents of my document. They approximately coincide and in some cases match but in other cases they list the same topic name over and over with numbering e.g. <Topic Name>1, <Topic Name>2, etc...
I need the file names to match the entries in the table of contents exactly and more importantly I need the Map ID's I will create using these files to match the table of contents names exactly.
Is there some setting I can manipulate to get the desired result?
Ahhh, okay, It all makes sense now.
Question here. Are you performing simple importing? Or are you using the feature where you link and have that ongoing relationship with the Word document?
I am performing simple importing. I made changes to the word document and imported those changes into a new project each time I had and update to make. I went back and forth editing and importing about 5 or 6 times before I got everything formatted the way I wanted it to be.
So far the extent of my trying to resolve the problem I am having with the naming of the files being generated (and thus the Map IDs) has been playing around with the setting on the various steps between importing and mapping.