Problem in sound.

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 3 frames in flash as3.

First Frame is a movie clip and it contains logo music

Second Frame is a button, if we click, it goes to 3rd frame,

Third Frame is a back button and if we click, it back to 2nd Frame.

The problem is when i click the back button, logo music is played in the 2nd Frame. I dont know what the problem is? So please help me to what's wrong goes here.

The below link is the source file.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/r3wjia

Sorry for my poor english.

Thank You.

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

don't attach sound to timelines (especially nested ones).

use the flash sound class to play sounds by assigning your sound a class (eg, Music) and using:

var music:Music=new Music();

music.play();

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

assign your music's sync sound property (in the properties panel) to start in frame 1 and assign it to stop in frame 2 (if that's what you want).  or in frame 1 assign its sync property to event if you want it to play to completion and not replay unless frame 1 is reenetered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First frame is movie clip (not audio), and it contains sound and in sounds property panel, i set it to stream, and at at the  end of sound ("which means last frame of this movie clip") i use the action script ''stop();

MovieClip(parent).nextFrame();"

so the play button comes.(2nd Frame)

if we click play button, it goes 3rd frame.

3rd frame is back button.

if we click back button, it goes to 2nd frame(play button). But the movieclip sound play here. iam not extend the movie clip in frame 2. But i dont know how it is played.

Please download the source from the below link and tell me what the problem is.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/r3wjia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't attach sound to timelines (especially nested ones).

use the flash sound class to play sounds by assigning your sound a class (eg, Music) and using:

var music:Music=new Music();

music.play();

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank U, But why iam attaching is, i need to sync sound with Animation in timeline. now i fixed it using AS3. Thanks for your support. I have one doubt, why the movieclips sounds are playing, when the moviclip is not in current frame?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it may be a flash bug or you may have the sound inadvertently added to the 2nd frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. im not added sound inadvertently to the 2nd frame. i spent half a day to check what the problem is it but i didn't found anything. i think you are not check my source file. If you downloaded my source, definitely you will get confuse. i think it may be a flash bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i don't download and correct files unless i'm hired.

but it would be no shock to find a flash bug when sound is added to a timeline, especially a nested timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines