3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2015 6:19 AM by Motoed-Work

Can you copy and paste between drawings?

Motoed-Hidden Level 1

I saw in the ink and slide demo how you can use cloud clipboard, but can you use that without the ink and slide hardware?

I have pieces in a drawing that I'd like to copy to a new drawing... or merge a few layers and transfer those layers to a new drawing. Now quite sure how to do that though.

Ed

• 1. Re: Can you copy and paste between drawings?
          sjoerd1999

I got the same question.

I want to know how to transfer layers between drawings in Adobe Illustrator Draw for ipad.

If this is not possible yet, would it be something you want to add in the next update? It would be extremely usefull for me, as well as for a bunch of other people.

• 2. Re: Can you copy and paste between drawings?
            Frank Stokes-Guinan Adobe Employee

You can copy content in the following two ways:

1. In the organizer view, tap the edit icon in the top right of the project that contains the content you want to copy. (The icon looks like a pencil on top of a sheet of paper.) Select the drawing that contains the content you want. Then tap the duplicate icon in the top right of the project. (The icon has a plus button on top of two squares.) This will duplicate the drawing, which you can then edit at will without modifying the original.
            2. Open the drawing with the content you want to copy. Tap the share icon in the top right. Choose the "Share" option in the bottom of the list. Choose "Copy" in the resulting popover. Exit the drawing and open the drawing you want to copy the content into. Open the layers panel and choose the Photo Layer. (If you already have a photo on that layer, you will need to delete it.) Tap "Paste Image" in the resulting popover. The limitation of this approach is that the content is pasted as a flat image, not vectors.

Hope that helps,

Frank

Draw Engineering

• 3. Re: Can you copy and paste between drawings?
              Motoed-Work Level 1

Thanks Frank.

That's a bummer. I had a drawing of a cup and a character and was thinking... I'd really like to put the cup on the character drawing.

I know I could do this in Illustrator but it'd be much nicer if you could combine vector elements within Draw and continue working mobile.