1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 24, 2015 11:39 AM by A.T. Romano

How do I transfer a Clip, an Effect or a Title.

stmijaar

How do I transfer a clip, an effect or a title from a project created in PRE11 to a project being created in PRE13. Pre11 has been de-registered and uninstalled from my computer. I have tried copy and paste; isolating the clip by temporarily deleting all other clips , and saving it as a project., but neither works. The project containing the clip comes up as the entire edited project.

• 1. Re: How do I transfer a Clip, an Effect or a Title.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

stmijaar

Given that you have a project file created in 11 saved to the computer hard drive and you want to extract clip, effect, and title so that it can be used in 13 project.

The only way to get anything out of that project file at this time is to try to open it in Premiere Elements 13. Are you OK on that so far. Can you do that? If so...

1. Title. In the 11 project, open Project Assets, highlight/select the thumbnail for the Timeline title file. Now, when you go to File Menu/Export/Title, the Title option will be active. Use that to export the title to a .prtl file saved to the computer hard drive. Then import that .prtl file into another project file using this other project file's Add Media/Files and Folders/

2. If you are using a Windows computer, you could explore ClipMate in conjunction with Premiere Elements for a copy/paste insert between projects.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: ClipMate Copy/Paste Between Projects

That will probably work for the clip. Otherwise, you will be exporting the clip from project 1 to the hard drive and then importing that export into project 2 (Add Media/Files and Folders)...keeping project and export settings consistent in the process.

3. What effect did you use in 11 that does not have a 13 counterpart? Are you talking about using 11 saved effect presets? I do not think this is going to be possible without going into the program files for 11 if they still exist. Please review and consider the following/section on Saving Effects Presets.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: Saving Project/Program Assets Before Uninstall

If interested, I can do a work through on this to verify that it will do what you want it to do.

Please review and consider all. Any questions or need clarification on the above, please let me know where you need supplemental information.

Please supply more details as indicated.

Thank you.

ATR