8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2015 1:39 PM by A.T. Romano

Export Error Premier Elements 13.1

barryc74487056

I recently updated to Premier Elements 13.1.  I was having (before the update) and still having after the update an export error issue.  I have a brand new Inspiron 6GB Ram, running Windows 8.1 O/S. I receive the following Export Error using the following seetings as seen below. The status bar goes to 5 sec to completion when I receive the export error message... Any clues of why?

BConnick

Premier-Save-Error-Message.jpg

• 2. Re: Export Error Premier Elements 13.1
          A.T. Romano Level 7

barryc

I cannot get the fine details of your Timeline in your posted screenshot. Could you show your Timeline closer up? Clicking on your screenshot to get a better view does not help.

Especially show the end where you have a Timeline scene marker at the beginning of a clip that has files above it. What do you have on the upper tracked that are absence or closed?

Do you get a successful export if you delete that scene and what is above it and then do the export to your MPEG2.mpg file?

Also, look at the results with and without the preference Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher) disabled. See Edit Menu/Preferences/General.

Thank you. Based on your reply I will give you a customized reply.

ATR

• 3. Re: Export Error Premier Elements 13.1
            barryc74487056 Level 1

Thank you for your attention...it looks like the problem is "operator error"... I just don't understand how the settings are used. I think I was trying to convert (save) a video file to as an audio (mp2) file. I need to find a video that explains the various setting options.

barryc

• 4. Re: Export Error Premier Elements 13.1
              A.T. Romano Level 7

barryc

Thanks for the reply.

I think that we need to talk some more on this.

Given you have a Timeline content that is ready for export to a file....in the case that you presented, your export settings are set for a MPEG2.mpg file that will have video and audio in that one file. The video have MPEG2 video compression and the audio will be Dolby Digital. What you show in your screenshot in no way show that you are trying to export your Timeline content to an audio file. So, we need for you to confirm what you want your export to be and how you intend for you or your viewers to view it.

For an overview of the export opportunities in Premiere Elements 13, please read the Part 4 Publish+Share of my report on Premiere Elements 13 First Look

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: Premiere Elements 13 First Look Details

As a mini test run troubleshooting...please start a new project, rebuild the project, and use your export choice Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG with the Presets = NTSC DVD Standard. Hit Save. Do you get the same error message at the same time in the exporting process or does the export go to a successful completion?

We will be watching for your progress.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Export Error Premier Elements 13.1
                barryc74487056 Level 1

Mr. Romano, I have to say that I am overwhelmingly happy with the Forum responses. I have tried using the Forums with Microsoft (on other issues) and they left a bad taste in my mouth for dealing with Microsoft and their forums. I will try your suggestions, but right now I will have to put it on hold for a couple of days while I work on other issues.

• 6. Re: Export Error Premier Elements 13.1
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

barryc

Thanks for the update. We will watch for your progress as your schedule permits. We thank you for considering the suggestions.

The key thought: never give up. Some problems are harder than others to resolve, but the answers will be in the details.

Best wishes

ATR

• 7. Re: Export Error Premier Elements 13.1
                    barryc74487056 Level 1

I created a mini test, everything went ok, except the MPEG2 converted to

audio only..no video. In this case, I wanted video,  but after looking

up MPEG2, the definition describes this is an audio file, so this is

results I would have expected.  I did not have any errors when saving.

Thank you

Bconnick

• 8. Re: Export Error Premier Elements 13.1
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Bconnick

Thanks for the update.

I have concerns about

but after looking up MPEG2, the definition describes this is an audio file,

Let us try this before going to a video/audio properties readout program.

After you import this file into the project (Expert workspace) and it is on the Timeline, open Project Assets and right click the thumbnail for the file. Next select Properties from the menu that appears. Please tell us the description of the file in its Properties.

On the Timeline, is a video / audio component of the file represented on the Video Track and Audio Track 1 respecitively?

If that does not work, then please download and install the free MediaInfo, set it to its Tree View, and tell us if the display includes video as well as audio properties.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mediainfo/

Just be careful with your choices with the download and install of MediaInfo since it often travels with unwanted baggage.

Thanks.

ATR