1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 24, 2015 2:50 PM by Just Shoot Me

Can't combine 2 folders

allanr72746055

First of all, I organize my catalog with many folders, it is just the way I started 2 years ago and see no reason to change.

The problem ---

I am not sure how, but I have two folders (each with many subfolders) called Florida 2015. One is inside my LR photo folder while the other is a subfolder of 2015 which is also in the LR photo folder.

I have a folder within the folder I keep all my images called 2015. Inside it I have a subfolder called Florida 2015. I just noticed I have a second folder called Florida 2015 on the same level as 2015. I am not sure what I did to get two. However, I only want one. I looked at a subfolder in each Florida 2015 called - bittern.

In 1 I see images I will call 1tif, 2tif, 3nef, 4tif, and 5nef.

The other one has 1nef, 2nef, and 3 tif, 6nef, and 6tif.

It seems like a can move (within LR of course) the 1nef. 2nef, 3nef, 6nef, and 6 tif into the other folder and then remove the empty folder. But, when I try I get the message the files are already there.

So I looked at the folders in the finder and both of my bittern folders have all 10 images in them.

My question:

Why aren't they showing up in LR?

Library filter is set to show all file types.

How can I get all images in 1 folder.

TIA for any help. I hope the question wasn't too confusing. Aak me to explain further if need be.