Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SecureSocket on IOS not working?

Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2015 Jul 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We need to implement a secure login into our app, which runs on IOS. In the documentation for SecureSocket, it says it is supported  on IOS and Android. Yet "SecureSocket.isSupported" returns false in IOS, and trying to instantiate it throws an exception. We have tried both SDK16 and SDK18, same result.

Can anyone shed light on this? Why in the docs it says supported, and it seems not to be? Should it work? Or are we just doing something wrong?

trace(SecureSocket.isSupported); this returns false on IOS, at least on IOS 8.4

Thanks in advance,

Bob

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem here

I need to use securesocket on ipad, and it returns false on SecureSocket.isSupported whereas the documentation says that it is supported on mobile on android and ios.

I need this to do a certificate pinning mechanism, and I have no others solutions

Guillaume

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have been able to successfully reproduce this behavior. Will be communicating the same to the concerned team.

-Tushar Dwivedi,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 05, 2015 Aug 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We vote to get this fixed asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

On following up the issue, we found that SecureSocket isn't supported on iOS currently, and hence the "SecureSocket.isSupported" API returns false.

There had been a typo in the documentation, that has been rectified.

You can refer to the updated document here: SecureSocket - Adobe ActionScriptĀ® 3 (AS3 ) API Reference

-Tushar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems pretty ridiculous to me that we are past mid-2015 and there isn't built in support for SecureSocket yet on iOS.  Is there a technical reason that is preventing this from happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 19, 2015 Aug 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you tdwivedi for getting that documentation updated for SecureSocket on iOS.

Adobe simply just does not have enough engineers to complete the feature. I wish there were a way that we could pay for features to be added to help fund the Adobe AIR SDK. Even though I pay for the Adobe Creative Cloud subscription for Flash Builder, Adobe Scout, I bet that most of the revenue from my subscription goes towards Photoshop, Illustrator and other top used Adobe products, even though I would prefer to have the grand majority of my payments to fund the Adobe AIR SDK, just because the idea of cross platform development with one code base is phenomenal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think it's a techical problem, and I agree with you that it's ridiculous that securesocket isn't implemented on iOs...

I finish to find a way to do it with the library as3crypto which have a TLS support. I spent a lot of time to understand the mechanism, but finally I have succeeded to use secure socket to send http request with a control of SSL certificate from the server (mainly to prevent "man in the middle" attack).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines