Mac OS - system requirements
- Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support
- Mac OS X v10.8*, 10.9, or 10.10
- OpenGL 3.3 capable graphics card for GPU related functionality
- 2GB of RAM (4GB recommended)
- 2GB of available hard-disk space
- Internet connection required for Internet-based services
* GPU functionality only available on Mac OSX 10.9 or 10.10
Thanks. I did see this mentioned elsewhere and the main issues that I'm concerned about are the OpenGL 3.3 requirement for GPU, and the minimum 1Mb video/graphics card (cf iMac which has the AMD Radeon HD6770M 512Mb). I just wanted to be reasonably sure that the iMac could handle Lightroom before I did the upgrade, otherwise I might look at a hardware upgrade.
You could try the 30 day free trial. But you have to install Creative Cloud to get the trial. If everything works OK you can then purchase a serial number to convert Lightroom CC 2015 into LR6.
Thanks. This would normally be a great idea. The slight problem is that I'm on OS X 10.7 (running CS6), so I have to upgrade to OS X 10.10 to run cc. And if cc doesn't work, I can't go back and will have a pretty useless iMac.
OK. Also Yosemite is quite power hungry; so generally not recommended for older Mac's
Thanks 99jon. Good to know. This is very helpful.
I am running a Mac Book Pro Mid 2009 with Yosemite 10.10.4 and it runs better than any other earlier versions.