2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2015 7:28 AM by mdciii

Importing from PhotoShop 2 to LightRoom 5

mdciii Level 1

I have several thousand photos catalogued, indexed, and backed up in PhotoShop Album 2.  Can I import these into LightRoom 5?  How?

• 1. Re: Importing from PhotoShop 2 to LightRoom 5
          dj_paige Level 9

In theory, yes you can, but in practice, I have heard that it doesn't work all the time.

Download the 30-day free trial of Photoshop Elements, then use that to convert your Photoshop Album catalog to a Photoshop Elements 13 catalog. This can be upgraded by Lightroom 5.7 into a Lightroom 5.7 catalog.

• 2. Re: Importing from PhotoShop 2 to LightRoom 5
            mdciii Level 1

Subject: Re: [Photoshop Lightroom] Importing from PhotoShop 2 to LightRoom 5

Thanks you for this reply.  It gives me hope, but, thus far, not success.  What is the process for "converting a Photoshop album catalog to a Photoshop Elements 13 catalog"?  I tried backing up the PA catalog, then importing that backup into PE 13, but that got me only the photos themselves, not any of the indexing and cataloging.  I hope there is another route that will bring the whole thing forward into PE13, and then, by the same kind of process, eventually bring it into LR.  Any suggestions you might offer would be very much appreciated.  Thank you.

-- Mac Campbell