3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2015 6:00 AM by A.T. Romano

PEL 11 stops running when I want to operate on the sound file

Jacques 84 Level 1

Until today my PEL11 works very fine.

But now I'm unable to modify the sound level with the sound panel. Immediately PEL 11 stops running.

Could you be kind to help me ?

Jack

• 1. Re: PEL 11 stops running when I want to operate on the sound file
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Jack

What computer operating system is involved with your Premiere Elements 11 issue? Are you working in the Expert or Quick workspace?

To what "sound panel" are you referring?

a. Audio Mixer and a number audio track, soundtrack, or narration track

b. Adjust Tab/Adjustments Palette/Volume

c. Other

Is the problem specific to one particular audio file or to any Timeline audio file?

What happens if you start a new project?

Let us start here and then decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: PEL 11 stops running when I want to operate on the sound file
            Jacques 84 Level 1

Dear AT,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I’m Working with PREL 11, windows 8, expert workspace.

I have the same issue with Audio Mixer (audio track, soundtrack, or narration track) or when I want to increase or decrease the volume directly on the sound track (yellow line).

Same problem for any Timeline audio file in my current project.

Same issue if I start a new project with the tracks of my current project.

But :

No issue if I start a new project with new videos (what I’m doing now).

I suppose that there was a problem when « feeding » my project with videos because the sound track has not the same aspect as usual (only straight lines, none « hatching » or « crosshatching » or « zigzag » lines).

For the time beeing, I begin a new project and it works.

But if you have an explanation of the reason of this issue, I’m OK to read it.

Many thanks

Jack

De : A.T. Romano 

Envoyé : lundi 27 juillet 2015 13:57

À : Jacques Parlebas <jparlebas@orange.fr>

Objet :  PEL 11 stops running when I want to operate on the sound file

PEL 11 stops running when I want to operate on the sound file

created by A.T. Romano <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/7796935#7796935>

• 3. Re: PEL 11 stops running when I want to operate on the sound file
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Jacques 84

Thanks for the reply and the great news that all seems to be working in the new project with a different video source. Well done.

In the absence of more information about the problem file, I might guess that it could have something to do with the conforming of the audio by the program. When you import the file into Project Media, do you see "conforming activity" taking place in a progress bar to the bottom right of the Expert workspace? If so, you need to wait for that to complete before doing anything else in the project.

You can delete the conformed audio file for this file. See Media Cache Files Folder. The path to it can be found via Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disk and the Media Cache category. When you delete conformed audio, the program generates a new one automatically when and if it believes it is needed.

Best wishes

ATR