• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Void type vector for scene graph and as3Isolib

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using as3Isolib and making a game. The thing is, I will create a scene graph and I don't want to have one specific type of object to add to the scene. So I want to use a vector type of void to add different types of objects to the scene. My reason to do so is as3Isolib is using its own Sprite class but also there are different types of objects in this library to add to the scene. If I for instance, use INode type object, I won't be able to use Sprite class of flash. What should I do, what are your recomendations and thoughts?

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Starling (a Stage3D library) does the same thing. They have their own "Sprite" class. If you need to use both then prefacing them by their full package name is the way to go. e.g.:

// make a Flash Sprite / Class

package {

import flash.display.Sprite;

import some.other.Sprite;

class myClass extends flash.display.Sprite {

var spr:flash.display.Sprite = new flash.display.Sprite();

// ..

// make any other libs Sprite / Class

package {

import flash.display.Sprite;

import some.other.Sprite;

class myOtherClass extends some.other.Sprite {

var oSpr:some.other.Sprite = new some.other.Sprite();

// ..

The namespace of the different classes will allow you to use them together. If you don't need to use any Flash Sprite's then you can omit importing it and simply import some.other.Sprite; while not needing to preface with the package name. It's only when you need to use both Flash's Sprite class and another of the same name that Flash will bark about until you tell Flash exactly which of the 2 different imported Sprites to use, explicitly via namespace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines