5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2006 9:27 AM by FL4WL3SS

Project will not generate

FL4WL3SS Level 1
      When I attempt to generate my project, I get an error saying that I need to install a browser. I have IE and Firefox installed on my machine.

I went into the options and made sure that the browser option was pointing in the right direction. I'm stumped at this point. I'm using RoboHelp X5 HTML
        • 1. Re: Project will not generate
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi FL4WL3SS and welcome to our community

Wasn't too flawless, then was it? (sorry, couldn't resist)

I think all you need to do is temporarily configure IE as your default browser. Generate once, then change the default to Firefox. (I'm guessing that Firefox is your current default).

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: Project will not generate
            FL4WL3SS Level 1
            Sorry, should have mentioned that. I've tried that several times and it still isn't working.

I dont' know what the problem is.
            • 3. Re: Project will not generate
              FL4WL3SS Level 1
              Also, should mention, this happens when I try to either generate in FlashHelp or WebHelp. I can generate fine with Microsoft HTML Help.
              • 4. Re: Project will not generate
                Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
                Hi again

Hmmm, was this working at one point and suddenly stopped? If so, was IE recently upgraded to version 7? If so, maybe that's the issue. Other than that, I'm thinking you may have simply configured something inside RoboHelp. I was referring to the file association setting inside Windows. Within Windows Explorer, right click an HTML file and ensure the default behavior is set to open in Internet Explorer and not perhaps Dreamweaver or an editor.

Beyond that, I'm stumped. But I believe I've seen others report this from time to time and that has seemingly always corrected the issue.

Cheers... Rick
                • 5. Re: Project will not generate
                  FL4WL3SS Level 1
                  Whew, didn't think of that level of abstraction. My .htm files were not associated correctly. Thanks Rick.