4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2015 9:27 AM by Ian Lyons

Catalog Icon not showing logo

all27x

Screenshot (11).png

As you can see here the "Lightroom catalog" it's suppose to show a LR logo.  Any reason why it's not showing a Logo?

• 1. Re: Catalog Icon not showing logo
          99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The default location for the catalog is just a regular folder. You can create an icon to launch LR with the latest catalog. On windows navigate to:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom

Select lightroom (the application) and right-click and choose Send to Desktop.

LR6editor.png

On Mac OSX launch Finder and go to:

Macintosh HD >> Applications >>  Adobe Lightroom >> Adobe Lightroom.app

After launching the app right-click (control-click) on the dock icon and choose:

Options >> Keep in Dock

• 2. Re: Catalog Icon not showing logo
            ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

Files that have logos as their icon have been setup to open a certain program to use the file so that you can double click on the data file to launch the program that displays/edits the file.

LR catalogs are not setup this way by default. It is assumed that you will run LR from the LR program icon and open a new or different catalog from inside the program.

On Windows, to associate LR with the catalog file, you can right-click on the catalog file, select "open", then select Lightroom as the application.

• 3. Re: Catalog Icon not showing logo
              JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It's probably a Windows thing. I renamed my catalog after it was converted for Lightroom CC. The icon went blank when I did that, and I can't seem to get it to change. It really doesn't hurt anything. But I understand your frustration.

• 4. Re: Catalog Icon not showing logo
                Ian Lyons MVP & Adobe Community Professional

It's a known issue that affects some installs and not others. I have none Mac with a missing logo and other that has the logo. I know other users with no logos on both installs.